Dmengine stops working

When I build and run any project, tutorial or other, dmengine stops working and don’t feature any error or crash report like other errors I have seen on the forum.

Edit: Dmengine stopped
Same error but with windows 7

Is it on any project? even an empty one?

If it’s just for some project(s), I’d guess there’s an infinite loop in the code somewhere.

Yes, even an empty project and the tutorial projects

1 Like

Please follow these instructions to provide us with the information we need to support you:

1 Like

I tried run the sidescrolling tutorial and dmengine stop working, don’t feature any crash error. I tried again in a empty project and the dmengine stop working when I run the project.
I’m using windows 7 and version 1.2.158.

You have not provided any steps for us to try and reproduce your problem. You have not provided any logs.

Where do you install the editor? Which version? What is the contents of the log?

i had the same problems with it (dmengine.apk) today, but i reinstalled it and after a few times it recognized my phone, all works)

I don’t do anything, I just open the sidescrolling tutorial and follow the instructions to build and run the game and the program stop working.
I have the version 1.2.158, installed on the oficial website.

@j0rdanjgamer please answer the questions we ask.

Do you have some antivirus installed that could potentially block dmengine?

But, he’s talking about running the game on his desktop machine, and your talking about… something else? What indications do you have it’s the same issue?

O download the editor on the oficial site defold.com

No, I turned off the antivírus

And from which location are you running Defold? From user home folder? Desktop? Program Files?

There is something on your system preventing dmengine from running properly. It could be because the editor is located in folder where some system protection is taking place, thus preventing the editor from starting other programs (in this case the Defold engine).

What if you bundle a windows application from Defold and run that from your desktop?