Did anyone made a demo based on Alien World?

Hi,

Did anyone made a simple demo with current assets of Alien World yet? Or does anyone know someone who’s teaching some stuff about action platform shooter? I’m fan of these type of games, I’ve played many of them in J2ME’s time.
62e9c7530375a266c68ea510ac40ff23 MayhemTriple61
cyberpunk

I’m trying to see how does Defold handle those types of games, well, I’ve tried some examples found within the Game Engine. I want to expand my knowledge and learn more things. Alien World lacks some things to beginner have general idea about the gameplay.

2 Likes

Afaik, no, not yet platformer with shooting exactly. But it is surely possible and there are a lot of platformer examples, so this could be the base :wink:

Ben have made a ton of platformers and metroidvanias, but without shooting (Planet Zero has stone throwing only) you can check out all of them here: https://benjames171.itch.io. Many of them are open-sourced, so you can take a look at the structure or try to add shooting :slight_smile:

I’ve also made an open-source platformer with “guns”, but those have a very short range only to serve as a puzzle element: https://paweljarosz.itch.io/sms-secret-moon-station

3 Likes

I think it’s good to split this into two separate things:

1. Platformer code
  2. Attacks, bullets, hits, damage code
5 Likes

Wow, Awesome! War battles reminds me a little of Alien Shooter series

Guess it’s long journey. When I searched for cool software to design reusable assets I found Blender, though there are some that can do better - it’s free and open source. Using some 3D rendered models in 2D sprites can reduce design time and make stunning graphics. And maybe finally transform them to pixel art to reduce even more the size.

I’m eager to finish all tutorials!

1 Like

Is there any way convenient to erase (delete) brush strokes in map?

The tilemap manual mentions the Erase Tile option:

1 Like

I viewed it earlier, but didn’t pay too much attention in first sight…