DevGaMM Minsk 2016

I just back from one of the biggest game development conference in our region (RU/CIS) DevGaMM.

Thanks @Oleg_The_Evangelist many people know about defold. Due defold sticker :slight_smile: and ru-community group in vk.com :nerd: they asking me about engine.

Developers, who want to try defold has different background: flash/air, unity, libgdx, cocos2d etc.

Engine looks very closed for developers, they want (or their publishers want) to intergate popular analitics sdk (google analitics, game analitics, flurry etc), native Ads sdk (admob, unity ads, charboost, ad colony etc) and use js sdk of services for html5 builds.

And main points (fears) are:

But all know about performance and lightness of the Defold and they really want use engine for own projects.

I look forward to the time when those functions will be available and I’m sure it will lead to rapid growth of our friendly Defold community.

P.S. : @GerodruS and @Yaroslav_Kravtsov were on the conference with their game, I hope they will add some more interesting about conference.

10 Likes

Thank you for this update!

Thanks for this Alex! You’re a legend =]

1 Like

Yep, here photos from our showcase stand

Same game version can be playable only by one finger on touchscreen and with gamepad on laptop.

We are satisfied by the result. We was able to make all features that we want for this showcase (local co-op, different controls, in-game upgrade system and new 2.5D visual style). All changes was appreciated by players. Especially, local cooperative.

6 Likes

Happy Discofish approves at least on the photo =]

I didn’t saw Discofish there. I suppose he still sitting in SPb.

btw, here more photos from showcase https://www.facebook.com/pg/smashbashgame/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1817820861774043

2 Likes