Delete gameobject, remove a Gui child? (SOLVED)

I have a gui component in my object enemie, when delete enemie, the gui component is deleted too?

Yes, all components on a game object will be removed when the game object is deleted.

Is there any way - in editor or scripting - to see all existing entities (go, gui etc)???

No, not really. The profiler will show you the number of active instances, but that’s about it.

IMO a missing feature in the editor. Very important to have a overview while running f.e. to see all active elements. Otherwise maybe lots of trash is in memory.

Well, I guess you have a point there. There’s probably room to improve on our profiling tools further.

1 Like

I dont line comparing to unity etc.

But I know in Unity there is a hierachy (tree) where you can see all entities incl the spawned/cloned ones via script.

There you can see all entities as a tree with childs etc. Very helpfull I think to have an overview. Also good for debugging or if a game starts laging. Otherwise you maybe never find. Also nice would be if there would be the memory usage for each. Very helpful IMO.

Good ideas for future improvements of the profiler perhaps? @Mathias_Westerdahl, @sven.

1 Like

On a powerful PC this maybe just a peanut, but specially for mobile devices or HTML5 this could be a good tool for optimization and clear work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I agree, it’s a good tool to see what’s loaded at any time. I’ve added ticket DEF-2754 for this.

2 Likes