What's going on with Editor 2??
There has been quite some time since we did a project update, sorry about that. The reason is of course that we have been really busy fixing issues that came up during testing (thanks everyone who is helping with that!!). One of the key things about Editor2 is excellent stability, so it doesn't make sense to cut corners but fix everything properly in a sustainable way. We will spend three more weeks fixing these issues, and then tackle remaining features like bundling games and texture profiles.
Right now we are working on:
- Proper Windows 64-bit support - running the app in a 32-bit JVM puts it into compat-mode, with resulting issues like out-of-memory etc.
- Upgraded OpenGL libraries (JOGL) to counter driver issues - this caused Linux to crash at startup. A fix is being tested right now and will be released in a few moments.
- Device detection - we found some issues with the current solution and the fix should make the devices appear faster and "more often" than before. (The details are that we are now better at filtering out unwanted devices like printers and sound systems on the network).
- Command/Handlers - this is basically refactoring the internal system for handlers. Partly to make it more flexible and well-functioning, but also for future user extensions.
- Sync-dialog - minimise the risk of losing data when syncing files. This version is already much less intrusive in the local git repo, but in some instances like unexpected program termination, it might leave the files as stashed in git - which might not be very obvious to the user as it looks like the files are lost. This is about more easily getting back the files in these cases.
If you feel like helping out with testing, please send me a private message.
Have a nice gamedev weekend!