Defold Editor 2.0

Perhaps consider having a closed beta for power users. Get them playing with it now and breaking things that you weren’t anticipating.

5 Likes

This could be an awesome idea :wink:

Where we would applie ?:smiley:

1 Like

Google play service integration one line of code sooooo coool take that unity😉

4 Likes

That’s definitely the plan! I will let you know when the time comes, we would greatly appreciate any help with testing.

3 Likes

Yes, it looks great on my retina macbook.

2 Likes

new engine looks very slick! will it be able to open branches made in previous versions of defold?

1 Like

Absolutely yes with no problems. It is a new editor not a new engine - it targets the same engine ultimately, which will keep evolving over time itself.

1 Like

Awesome! Has the scaling been tested on Windows? Some programs seem to scale just fine in OS X but don’t behave the same in Windows.

1 Like

We are always fully dedicated to complete backwards compatibility on all levels. Editor 2 is no exception and you will be able to open and run old projects without any modifications.

No, we will need to verify that.

3 Likes

Tell us only where to apply for making test and will all be part of your test team :wink:

8 Likes

Any other teaser or small snippet that you can share with us?

3 Likes

I used the editor for a bit today and it’s starting to really shape up now. I primarily evaluated the script editor, and while it had a few quirks it was mostly functioning as expected. And to my knowledge the rest of the editor is closing in on feature parity with the existing editor. It’s gonna be exciting when we can share it with you!

3 Likes

That’s great to hear! Any updates on about when we might expect the new editor to be available by?

3 Likes

No, sorry. @Ragnar_Svensson, can you hint at a date for a first public beta test of the editor to a couple of our forum users?

1 Like

Teaser-friday, eh? Is it a thing now, teaser-friday? Will it happen every week???

#teaserfriday #athing #happensweekly

10 Likes

Yes, the whole thing is shaping up! I would expect us to be able to take on early testers in 1-2 months, but historically I have been very wrong in the estimates. :frowning: But we are making good progress every week and the biggest challenges have finally been conquered (peppar, peppar, ta i trä), so it looks like the time left is finite now.

6 Likes

Isn’t “peppar, peppar” and “ta i trä” sort of “tårta på tårta”?

4 Likes

No more of “hängslen och livrem”

5 Likes

There should be a Ragnar factor you can multiply the estimate with to get a more accurate release date. I’d ask you to estimate the Ragnar factor, but yeah…

4 Likes