Defold Editor 2.0

Hi guys, I would also like to request a beta access. Cheers

2 Likes

+1 I also want to take part in beta.

2 Likes

I’ve taken a break from these forums and it’s exciting to see what’s going on!

I’d love to have beta access if that’s at all possible. Anything I can to help make this amazing engine better. I really do love it. It’s just hard to explain to people that are used to working with Unity, etc… just how much better Defold is!

5 Likes

I hear dat, I used Unity from version 3 and watched it become more and more bugged, with it’s ever expanding waist line, moved over to Unreal 4, which I absolutely love, but they’ve left 2D support behind, and it’s a minimum 180mb build, Defold is a breath of fresh air, light, fast, fluid, when editor 2 arrives, it’ll be the dogs gonads.

6 Likes

Would love beta access as well. I excited to see what is coming down the pipeline.

2 Likes

If this doesn’t become the official tagline for Editor 2, then something is very wrong.

8 Likes

I relinquish all copyrights to it, :joy:

5 Likes

Is the beta still going on? If so I would like to get access to it as well please. You all are doing an incredible job! Thank you and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for us with this project.

2 Likes

I would like to be a beta tester as well and will report bugs to whatever are the proper internal/external channels, following the instructions to do so - if any. I would like to get involved and help however possible

I should note that prior to Defold, my experience comes from Unity and more recently Godot
I’ve been involved in shipped games more as an artist, but in my free time I learned programming and am playing with prototyping things for several months.

I have previously reported bugs on many open source projects and have even helped with compiling and packaging for linux. So there is some experience with debugging and reporting

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Man, I’m very interested in beta access. This new editor seems pretty neat.

2 Likes

Is the new Native Extensions System in the new editor editor beta? If so, I would love to take part in the beta access! I’ve used Unity since 2.5, and I fell in love with Defold. With the extension system and editor plugin system I can start to put the many ideas I have in action.

3 Likes

@paulopatez The Native Extensions is actually a feature that we will support in Editor 1 as well, while waiting for Editor 2 to mature a bit. You will be able to bundle and sign packages as usual.
We are in the process of putting this together now, and we will release a first alpha version of native extensions in the very near future.

As our first step, we will support iOS/MacOS and some Android (C++ only), and we will continuously add more platforms as we progress (e.g. Android+Java, Html5, Windows, Linux). Stay tuned!

13 Likes

Thank you, @Mathias_Westerdahl .

3 Likes

Can I take part in beta?

1 Like

Hey,

Any chance to try out the beta?

1 Like

I’m also interested to test the Beta version, on Linux.

2 Likes

I’m interested too into 2.0 beta version! (I’m a mac & windows user)

1 Like

Next week the pre-release version of Editor 2 gonna be released!
You’d be able to get it in the Dashboard, under the green Download Editor button.

22 Likes

i’m interested in the 2.0 beta version :smiley:

Found it on the monitor next to me. I guess this can count as the pre-announcement of an editor 2 pre-release version release announcement.

20 Likes