Defold and Yandex.Games Jam results

After some delays in the post-jam period due to illness we finally have the results! The games have been ranked in three categories:

• People’s Choice - The games will be ranked based on the average star rating given by the players

• 1st place - Bragging rights, €100 Steam Gift Card and Defold merchandise
    • 2nd place - Bragging rights, €75 Steam Gift Card and Defold merchandise
    • 3rd place - Bragging rights, €50 Steam Gift Card and Defold merchandise
    • 4th-10th place - Bragging rights, €20 Steam Gift Card and Defold merchandise
  • Yandex’ Choice - The team at Yandex will rank the games based on how well they believe the games will perform on the Yandex platform.

• 1st place - iPhone 12 128 GB, Featuring and advertising of your game, worth $1500
    • 2nd place - iPhone 12 128 GB, Featuring and advertising of your game, worth $1000
    • 3rd place - iPhone 12 128 GB, Featuring and advertising of your game, worth $500
    • 4th-10th place - Featuring and advertising of your game, worth $200
  • Defold’s Choice - The Defold Foundation will rank the games based on technical excellence and theme usage.

• 1st place - Game console, Assortment of game keys, 4 hours of one-on-one Defold support
    • 2nd place - Game console, Assortment of game keys, 3 hours of one-on-one Defold support
    • 3rd place - Game console, Assortment of game keys, 2 hours of one-on-one Defold support
    • 4th-10th place - Assortment of game keys, 1 hour of one-on-one Defold support

Some notes on the categories

In both People’s Choice and Yandex’ Choice the rankings are based purely on analytics data gathered during the period after the jam:

• In People’s Choice the ranking is based on user rating in a five star system. The top 10 games all scored high and it was very close between several of the games.
  • In the Yandex’ Choice category the rankings are based on analytics data such as retention, average time in game, total time and several other factors.

In the Defold’s Choice category we’ve given the games an unbiased rating based on theme, technical excellence and fun.

The results

Ok, enough talking! Here are the winners:

People’s Choice

1. Connect to Target
  2. One More Tank
  3. Foggy Fox
  4. Merge Nums
  5. Racing 3D
  6. Knife Attack
  7. Crazy Maze
  8. Non Stop Splash Targets
  9. Lazy Santa
  10. Operation Yolka

Yandex’ Choice

1. Knife Attack
  2. Operation Yolka
  3. Foggy Fox
  4. Home Appliance. Insurrection.
  5. Sea Battle: Universe
  6. Racing 3D
  7. Cube Wars
  8. Drunken thief
  9. Non Stop Splash Targets
  10. Merge Nums

Defold’s Choice

1. Sea Battle Universe
  2. Foggy Fox
  3. Pathfinder
  4. Knife Attack
  5. Operation Yolka
  6. Connect to Target
  7. Gumobalka
  8. Non Stop Splash Targets
  9. Мастер борща
  10. Merge Nums

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to everyone that participated and submitted a game!

What happens now?

We (Defold Foundation and Yandex) will contact the winners via email (the one registered with Yandex). This will happen later this week or next week. Digital prizes will be delivered as soon as we have established contact via email. Physical prizes such as the phones, game consoles and Defold merchandise will be sent once we’ve sorted out a shipping address and so on.

Questions? Ask here or in PM!

29 Likes

Congratulations to all participants! And thanks for hosting the jam!

Now I have to support the new game, well, great :upside_down_face:

But anyway it was fun

18 Likes

It’s a first gamejame I have passed through and I was able to release my game in time. It was quite new experience and interesting challenge for me. Congratulations to the winners!

10 Likes

Congratulations to the winners! Personally I hoped for the top of the Defold’s choice list, but didn’t even make the list, ha!
But the merch is mine!

10 Likes

We’ve emailed everyone in the People’s Choice and Defold’s Choice category today. Please check your email and let us know if you haven’t received any email.

Yandex will reach out to the winners in the Yandex’ Choice category.

5 Likes

Got the mail! It was in the spam folder, I did click “it’s not spam”.

1 Like