- DEF-1129 - Added: Android Immersive mode option
- DEF-2382 - Added: App/package resource bundling
- DEF-2069 - Added: Added engine version to dev apps
- DEF-2376 - Fixed: Support for nested hash()
- DEF-2374 - Fixed: Auto completion for label module in editor
- DEF-2128 - Fixed: Music interrupted on computed gain 0
- DEF-2383 - Fixed: Collection time step was not affecting spine and model components
- DEF-2459 - Fixed: Editor 1 failed to load texc library on Windows
- DEF-2408 - Fixed: Documentation bug on window.set_listener()
- DEF-2464 - Fixed: Models not correctly destroying bone GOs
This release contains the first public version of the LiveUpdate feature. LiveUpdate allows you to ship a smaller bundle and load content dynamically. If you are unfamiliar with the feature there is a great post on the forums by Jakob that describes the feature very well: https://forum.defold.com/t/live-updates/4943
New API functions for LiveUpdate. The new API allows you to check if a collection proxy has all the resources it needs to load properly, and to store any missing resources that are needed in case they are missing. More complete documentation of the API will be available on the web page. In short:
collectionproxy.missing_resources takes an url to a collectionproxy and returns a table with hashes of all (if any) resources this collection is missing.
resource.store_resource takes a reference to the project manifest, the data to store, the hash of the data to store, and a completion callback. The user is free to acquire the resource data in any way they like (http, ftp, AWS and so on) before storing it.
resource.get_current_manifest gets a reference to the manifest currently in use. This reference should be passed on to
In the editor there are some new settings available.
There is a new checkbox on collectionproxy objects, 'Exclude'. Check this and the collectionproxy resource, and all of its child resources, will not be included in the bundled archive but must instead be loaded using LiveUpdate!
Menu option Project->LiveUpdate settings.. allows you to choose where to publish LiveUpdate resources.
- When bundling your game there is a checkbox 'Publish LiveUpdate content'. This will output all LiveUpdate resources to the target location selected in the settings.
It wouldn't really be a new feature without some known issues.
Collectionproxies that are children to excluded collectionproxies will themselves be implicitly excluded even
though they are not tagged as such in the editor.
Addressing a collectionproxy with
collectionproxy.missing_resources can only be done from a script that is in the same collection as the target collectionproxy. A workaround is to use messaging instead.
This first release of the Native Extensions feature is a way for the users to get a very first taste of
how to extend the engine.
Note that this release is a very first step, so not all features are there yet. Also note that while
polishing the product, we might need to make (possibly breaking) changes of this feature, in order to
further enhance the product. With that said, we'd like to invite you to try it out, and to help us test it!
What does it do?
This feature will allow the user to add new functionality that the engine doesn't already have.
For example, adding new Lua modules, or interacting with native functionality in the OS, such as
What doesn't it do?
The way to interact with the engine is limited by our SDK, which currently is very small.
Over time this SDK will grow, allowing the user to interact further with the engine.
More detailed info will be found in the Native Extension thread on our forum.
Also, more detailed documentation is on its way, along with more examples. Stay tuned!
- Only supports OSX, iOS, and Android (C++) at this time
It currently only works if you download the latest Defold editor (not updating an older one) We are currently working on fixing this issue!
- Typographic changes to improve readability. In particular type info is much clearer.
- All functions and properties has been updated with type information.
- Callback function signatures now has explanations.
- Lua standard libs and BitOp are now part of the docs (and editor completion!)
- A large number of doc entries has been expanded and clarified.
- A large number of examples has been added to doc entries.
- Many reported errors have been fixed. Thanks, and keep the reports coming!
/The Defold team