In an effort to drastically reduce the number of ANR’s on Android, we’ve moved the main game thread to a different thread.
This change removes any stalls between the UI thread and the engine thread (e.g. from long running user functions).
Please try it out and let us know how this works for you.
We’ve updated dmSDK with some new functionality regarding sockets and connections. These are the new namespaces.
We have also released new extension-websocket where many of these functions are used.
This extension will replace the
defold-websocket as the official websocket implementation.
We’ve also made the
defoldsdk.zip available on the download page.
This package contains all the prebuilt libraries for each platform, as well as headers.
- We’ve added support for LuaJIT (the interpreter, not jit)
- We’ve added hot reload support
- Fixed support for https requests
- Better error logging for remote builds
Issue-5116- Added: Add defoldsdk.zip to releases
Issue-5124- Added: Added dmCrypt to dmSDK
Issue-5126- Added: Added dmURI to dmSDK
Issue-5128- Added: Added dmSocket, dmSSLSocket, dmDNS, dmConnectionPool to dmSdk
Issue-4835- Added: Added dmThread to dmSdk
Issue-4901- Fixed: Fixed issue of uploading font vertex buffer multiple times
Issue-4930- Fixed: Unify Android build pipeline
Issue-5038- Fixed: Move engine to a new thread (Android)
Issue-5046- Fixed: Enable error logging for bob.jar when doing remote builds
Issue-5080- Fixed: Sound didn’t pause when app was mimimized
Issue-5101- Fixed: Fixed Windows code signing for the editor
Issue-5129- Fixed: Liveupdate zip publisher can now copy result to a different file store
Issue-5190- Fixed: Headless builds on Linux now won’t requires OpenAL/OpenGL
Issue-5188- Fixed: Live update zip publishing path is now relative to project dir