Defold 1.2.169 BETA

Defold 1.2.169 BETA

The latest beta is now released, and we invite those interested in beta testing the new features in the editor and engine to join now.
The beta period will be 2 weeks and the next planned stable release is two weeks from now.

We hope this new workflow will highlight any issues earlier, and also get valuable feedback from our users. And please comment if you come up with ideas on improving on this new workflow.

Please report any engine issues in this thread or in editor2-issues using Help -> Report Issue

Thx for helping out!

Disclaimer

This is a BETA release, and it might have issues that could potentially be disruptive for you and your teams workflow. Use with caution. Use of source control for your projects is strongly recommended.

Access to the beta

Download the editor or bob.jar from http://d.defold.com/beta/

Set your build server to https://build-stage.defold.com

Release notes

This sprint we’ve fixed various smaller issues and requests.

Another feature we’ve added is the sound.pause() function, which many users have requested.

We also fixed an issue where a collection proxy was being rendered the same frame it was loaded,
before it actually got its first update. Similarly, when unloading a collection proxy, it is now also delayed until the beginning of the next frame.

Engine

• 4773 - Added: Added sound.pause function
  • 4725 - Fixed: Fix for getting sound properties before playing sounds
  • 4697 - Fixed: Fixed issue with calculating the font cache cell size
  • 4586 - Fixed: Make sure collection proxies get an update before rendering
  • 4778 - Fixed: The tilemap does not flip tiles when created
  • 3721 - Fixed: Ignore arrow keys as text events
  • 4758 - Fixed: Generate character/text event for spacebar
  • 4719 - Fixed: IE 11 compatibility (sounds and gamepads)
  • 4742 - Fixed: Configure CFBundleDevelopmentRegion and CFBundleLocalizations in game.project
  • 4747 - Fixed: Check that there’s a world before creating a collision object
  • 4727 - Fixed: Potential fix for writing save file that on rare occasions became corrupt
  • 4715 - Fixed: Updated android build tools to 29.0.3
  • 3712 - Fixed: Box2D crashes when setting a rotation with NaN (DEF-3177)

Editor

• 4753 - Added: Added native extension template to editor
  • 4755 - Fixed: DEFEDIT-4754 Crash when signing mobile dev app for iOS

Edit: Added 3712

16 Likes

Sweet! Does " Fixed : The tilemap does not flip tiles when created" refer to this post? Tiled map editor export to Defold (SOLVED)

yes

4 Likes

Blimey, that was quick! Super useful fix.

Edit: Excitedly downloaded the beta and tested this, but the issue is still there for me. Is there a flag or something else needed for it to work?

Nice.

6 Likes

No. The change is that the engine now actually reads the “flip” data. This should make it behave the same as the editor. @britzl knows more

1 Like

I added more info to the thread to help figure this one out.

2 Likes

There is now a new beta build up (b08d710ae9ee041c532902cf49796810c09e86af) with the correct changes. Please try it again @d954mas / @totebo.

4 Likes

I can confirm it works. Beautiful! I consider this a major feature, it’s going to cut my tilemap textures in half. :partying_face:

5 Likes

Not originally mentioned in the beta release notes is this fix:

• 3712 - Fixed: Box2D crashes when setting a rotation with NaN (DEF-3177)
3 Likes

I’m getting this error with the GameKit native extension by animonger:

/gamekit/src/GameCenterDelegate.mm
	Line 433: cannot initialize a member subobject of type 'dmScript::LuaBufferOwnership' with an rvalue of type 'bool'
                        dmScript::LuaHBuffer luabuffer = { buffer, true };

This works properly with the stable version of Defold. Any pointer? I have 0 experience with native extensions :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, we added a new exciting feature to the beta, and it accidentally broke the api.
We should have a fix soon, after the CI has finished.

I also notice this issue when exporting, in my case it’s the Screenshot extension:

/screenshot/src/screenshot.cpp
	Line 151: cannot initialize a member subobject of type 'dmScript::LuaBufferOwnership' with an rvalue of type 'bool'
                        dmScript::LuaHBuffer luabuffer = { buffer, true };

Looks like these beta builds were a really good idea!

I like new exciting features :smiley:

2 Likes

A new beta build has (finally) been uploaded.
Please try it out and let us know if any problems arise!

3 Likes

This works now, thanks!

3 Likes

Me looking forward to the new exciting features:

11 Likes

One new feature deserved its own forum post ^^

6 Likes

With the latest beta, I’ve been experiencing a random issue.
Every now and then I cannot pull from github with the synchronize option in the menu. As soon as I click the Pull button, the dialog disappears and nothing happens.
Restarting Defold solves the issue, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce it consistently. It just happens sometimes.