Defold 1.2.165 BETA

In this particular case we have changed so that it is no longer possible to pass nil as receiver when doing a msg.post. Doing so will generate a Lua error.

2 Likes

There is now a new beta with sha1: 8e1e063abbb201c8faf419942fe56d728babeced with a fix for the atlas+trimming issue.

1 Like

Still crashing with 8e1e063abbb201c8faf419942fe56d728babeced. Same callstack.

1 Like

Ok, silly mistake by me. Please try b3ce15a30f88531b060534217b109c309f84e066 instead.
I’ve updated the download links in the top post.

1 Like

Awesome! It doesn’t crash now, but the coordinates are not correct either: https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/2893

1 Like

Great!

I’d like to use Admob and Firebase together.

Can I help with some tests in my project, or do I just have to wait for new extensions?

Firebase Analytics already has a gradle file:

(Note that you do not need to add the base extensions anymore. The read me file will be updated to reflect this once 1.2.165 is released)
We need @sergey.lerg to update his extension with a gradle file as well (or if you fork it, test it and submit a pull request yourself).

2 Likes

I am getting an error when trying to build for iOS.

Directory 'build/default/manifests' could not be created

Creating the directory manually doesn’t help. What to do?

I’ve updated the download links with the newest version: 4f15d336c3ef1b3123fd1ceaae04813d2b7ae86e

3 Likes

Yup. Can confirm it works great now. :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve updated the download links with the latest version, which fixes this bundling issue: a404b463128a6eecf3d5cce4916180b222488123

2 Likes

I’ve tried to modify @sergey.lerg’s admob-extension, but it is not clear to me what dependencies to add in build.gradle to make it work properly :frowning:
:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

The dependencies should be listed in the official AdMob documentation:

The example on that page shows this:

dependencies {
    implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
    implementation 'androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.2'
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:18.3.0'
}

And I believe that what you need is only the com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads dependency in the build.gradle file for the AdMob extension. Ignore the other two lines.

dependencies {
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:18.3.0'
}

Version 18.3.0 does however use AndroidX and that could cause a conflict with other extensions (maybe). In that case you can try an older version of com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads. Available versions can be seen here for instance:

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.google.android.gms/play-services-ads

2 Likes

My apologize for the following maybe stupid question. I am using 1.2.164 and the editor show me “Update Available”. Is this 1.2.165 or just the Beta? I have never downloaded a Beta and I would prefer not.

Thanks!

1 Like

In your “About” dialog, you should see channel: editor-alpha which is the up-to-date editor changes, together with the latest engine release (1.2.164).

Clicking the Update button will give you the next release in that channel.
You can check the about dialog afterwards to confirm.

I am sorry, but probably I am missing something. With “Update Button” do you mean the text “Update Available” in the right bottom corner of the editor?

(Just to confirm: I read “editor-alpha” and “1.2.164” as engine release)

On Windows this setting is shared :smiling_imp: by all version of Defold Editor

I’ve changed it in 1.2.165 beta, but it appears also in 1.2.164

:sweat_smile:

Yeah, but it seems that even with build-stage, building with NEs on 1.2.164 will work correctly, so unless it causes issues, I’ll leave it like that.

@mats.gisselson pushed an editor fix yesterday and that fix should go straight to production. This is probably why you have an update.

3 Likes

@britzl thank you! yes, update taken and the engine is still 1.2.164.

1 Like