Defold 1.2.161 has been released

I think I found the issue. Please see the attached project. Try adding & removing “Label” component(s) to the “root” gameobject in the “player” collection and then see what happens.
Desktop game.zip (640.2 KB)

2 Likes

Thx, I can reproduce it here now as well!

0 Likes

Still “http result: -1 socket result: -5”

0 Likes

We’re still working on the SSL handshake upgrade. It will be released in 1.2.162

5 Likes

Please note that this:

function update()
	msg.post("@render:", "draw_line", { start_point = vmath.vector3(), end_point = vmath.vector3(100, 100, 0), color = vmath.vector4(1) })
end

also affects (badly) the rendering of the tilemap in 1.2.161.

1 Like

I have now found the issue, and I am working on a fix.

The bug is related to a miscalcuation on how many render entries the tilemap needs.
A workaround in the meantime is to add one or more empty layers to the tilemap to compensate for that. (Worked in the example you provided)

4 Likes

Tilemap issues

Its worked, thanks. In my case, 2 and 3 empty layers fixed the issue.

4 Likes

So many nice things came together for this update! Vector division is definitely an unexpected bonus.

2 Likes

https://github.com/defold/extension-gpgs has broken

2 Likes

We will push a fix to the extension later today or tomorrow. This change uncovered a bug. We need to add/change an include in the extension.

3 Likes

Wow!! 1 draw call for my stupid 128x128 test map!

7 Likes

Fixed. Thanks for the report.

2 Likes

My tilemaps are working but I did have to increase the tilemap.max_count project setting, which I believe is new but doesn’t appear to be documented or in any patch notes (nor tilemap.max_tile_count)

4 Likes

Thanks Connor. We will update the docs today.

3 Likes

Hello guys. I have an issue with Android.
With previous version (1.2.160) my game works well on android, with 1.2.161 it crashes on start.
I have opened an issue on GitHub with more infos:

Please take a look at it.

0 Likes

I answered in the issue you raised. We need some additional info.

0 Likes

Can’t load my level after this release. I just tried to build my project as it was and got an error:
Assertion failed: end - begin <= (intptr_t)render_context->m_RenderListSortIndices.Remaining(), file ..\src\render\render.cpp, line 203

0 Likes

This could be tilemap related perhaps. @Mathias_Westerdahl

0 Likes

It might very well be.please try one of the proposed fix executables to see if that helps?

0 Likes

No idea how to use it (I use Editor 2). I’ll wait for fix, just had to be sure that this issue is known :slight_smile:

0 Likes