Defold 1.2.152 has been released

Defold 1.2.152

This release adds the possibility to bundle for the iOS simulator architecture. You now have to option to choose which architectures to be used when you bundle for iOS, the default is still to include both 32-bit (armv7) and 64-bit (arm64).

We have also exposed the game property html5.engine_arguments for HTML5 builds, where you can specify additional engine arguments. A common use case is to supply --verify-graphics-calls=false which can gain some performance on Google Chrome.

Upgrade LuaJIT

We have upgraded LuaJIT from 2.0.5 to 2.1.0-beta3 which supports arm64 architectures. This is in preparation for Android 64-bit support, and also means that arm64 iOS devices can use the JIT interpreter.

Engine

• DEF-2994 - Added: iOS simulator platform support.
  • DEF-2933 - Fixed: Luajit 2.1.0-beta3 with arm64 support upgrade.
  • DEF-3910 - Fixed: Added support for html5.engine_arguments to add runtime arguments.

Editor

• DEFEDIT-1599 - Added: F5, F6 and F7 now toggle visibility of the surrounding panes.
  • DEFEDIT-1653 - Fixed: Outline panel did not refresh after a drag and drop operation.
  • DEFEDIT-1654 - Fixed: Window size and position is now remembered between sessions on macOS.
  • DEFEDIT-1659 - Changed: The editor will now use more of the available memory to support editing of larger projects.
  • DEFEDIT-1664 - Fixed: Update link from the Welcome dialog now works again.
  • DEFEDIT-1666 - Fixed: Occasional error message when closing .script file.
  • DEFEDIT-1667 - Changed: The editor now detects low-memory conditions and will attempt to free up some memory.
25 Likes

Yay! I sort of got used to patching config for that -Xmx value. I’m curious if compiling Interrogation works now on my 8GB machine with no modifications.

UPDATE: Yup, it works! :heart:

5 Likes

Wow! Luajit on iOS :rocket:
Lets test the simulator first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! :pray:

2 Likes

Note that it is the Luajit interpreter on iOS, since iOS doesn’t support JIT. Still, it’s faster than the vanilla interpreter.

6 Likes

Sim will be handy for screenshots. Will test later

2 Likes

Did DEF-521 make it into the build at the end?

3 Likes

Looks like package size is smaller too. It runs definitely faster :clap:

Edit: My project drop from ~7 mb to 5.2 mb. I wanna cry now :joy:

5 Likes

Is there an easy way to deploy to running simulator? Or just copy-paste app file into simulator folder…

1 Like

Bundle for iOS simulator (and uncheck sign app since it isn’t needed), then boot up a simulator instance and just drag and drop the app-file into the simulator window.

3 Likes

Sorry no :confused: Everyone in the team were working on some bigger tasks at the moment, we needed prioritise them to get them out the door… Hopefully we can look at it soon since most of the (current) bigger ones are finished or close to be finished. Again, sorry for this! :frowning:

1 Like

Ah!! I didn’t know that, thank you :slight_smile:
Works perferct :space_invader:

No, other tasks such as the iOS simulator and some other stuff took longer to finish than anticipated. And the next sprint is very limited in scope due to a bank holiday and a full offsite for the entire company. We will make a new release on Tuesday next week and then leave for our offsite on Wednesday. The sprint starting on the 13th will be have more focus on physics related fixes.

2 Likes

I think you meant F6 - F8.

2 Likes

Being able to toggle the panels is really nice. I wish there was a single key too to toggle hide everything but the viewport / code editor since most of the time that’s what I want (like Editor 1 had - I forgot how it was done, double clicking a viewport tab?).

7 Likes

iOS simulator support is incredibly helpful thank yoooouuu :orange_heart::blue_heart::orange_heart::blue_heart:

5 Likes