Create adaptive Icons for Android

Hey,
I try to understand this step, but i don’t understand all the steps.

It’s a problem of path bundle resources or it’s something else ?

Thanks for advance.

In the screenshot it looks like the paths are wrong:

android/assets/mipmap-xyz

But in the example project it is:

android/res/mipmap-xyz

This is obviously important as the structure and contents of an Android application follows a very strict structure. The root of an APK must contain a res folder. Inside the res folder should be the mipmap folders and other related resource folders:

2 Likes

Ok, I understand better, but it still doesn’t work. I have create new launcher icons.

I don’t see the message at all, it says where and where can I change this setting.

I see that you have an icon folder as well. What does it contain?

What if you test the example project? Does it work when you bundle for Android?

Morning, @Lecricreator - you could not see my post because I withdrew it. I wanted to try and give you a good answer and was called away while I was posting. Sorry!
Waiting what happens after you tried what @britzl asked.

1 Like

@britzl, just playing with your adaptive icons project to test a mockup icon set for @Lecricreator. Get a “failed to link resources” error when I exchange your icons in the res folder to mine (nothing else is changed). Had this before and cannot remember what I did to make it work.
EDIT: error gone, had no background!

It contains the different icon sizes.
I have change the position of folder.

The example project icon work on my Android.

I noticed that the file drawable-anydpi-v26 (contains icon.xml) is replaced by mipmap-anydpi-v26 and it does not contain icon.xml.

Hi, @Lecricreator,
would you like to try the following? I hope this is the right way to go ahead, but give it a try and see if it works for you.
First, I would organize the folder like @britzl did:
Make a folder for your assets. In it, put your image folders and the folder you want to bundle. It contains a folder called android, the android folder contains a res folder and the res folder the mipmaps folders.
Capture

Then only bundle this bundle folder:
Capture2

Next, copy the default Android Manifest file and put it somewhere into your project folder.
In this manifest file change this line:
Capture3a
to this:
Capture3

And lastly, use this Manifest:
Capture4
In this example, the custom manifest is in the root folder.
Wherever you put this custom manifest in your project, that’s the path you need.
Make your debug apk and see what happens.

2 Likes

Ok, it works. :star_struck:
I’ve modified the android manifest and it works perfectly.

Thanks @anon95708182 for your precious help. :blush:

1 Like

Result :

2 Likes

Hi @Lecricreator,

that is great! Glad that I could help you!

Cheers

Brigitte

Btw: if you make your icons using Android Studio, you’ll also get a round icon in your mipmap folder:

This is what Google says about it:

So, if you need this, add it to your custom manifest.

2 Likes