Constrained drawing for tilemaps

There must be lots of games that require rows or columns of the same image in their tilemaps. A way to constrain painting with a tile to horizontal or vertical orientation would be useful - sorry if this already exists but I couldn’t find it!

Many drawing/paint programs allow the user to hold control or shift to do this.

2 Likes

Good suggestion! You can always report these kind of suggestions directly from the editor via Help->Report Suggestion.

You do know that you can select a group of already drawn tiles to create a brush. This will make it easier to repeat tiles over larger areas on a tilemap.

You do know that you can select a group of already drawn tiles to create a brush. This will make it easier to repeat tiles over larger areas on a tilemap.

Yes, I did see that thanks.

What are your preferred channels for different kinds of reports, suggestions and nitpicks?

I’ve started making notes as I was familiarizing myself with Defold, since I wanted to get to know the editor and the forum better before reporting them (I’ve since deleted a few of them) and now I’m wondering if I should just dump all that in a single bug report thread, or if you’d prefer it in another way.

It’s mostly little QOL things and some minor bugs from around the website.

1 Like

You can always post them here for discussion but our preferred way is that you report directly to GitHub either via “Help->Report Issue” or “Help->Report Suggestion” or directly: https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues (if you have time then please search for duplicates first!). Thanks!

3 Likes

Will do! I still have to go through them and reformulate them a bit, but I’ll hopefully get to it soon.

3 Likes

If you have feedback on documentation pages, there’s a “Have a suggestion?” button on the bottom right of those pages. If you have text selected when you click on it, it will put that in for you. Or, if it’s for the FAQ, manuals, or tutorials, you can even go to the docs repository and submit fixes yourself.

4 Likes