Civilization Path

Hi, everybody! I want to show you one interesting project.
Civilization Path is a turn-based strategy game where you can lead one of many countries.

Maps:

• Europe
  • Eurasia
  • Mediterranean Sea

7 scenarios with unique countries, technologies and political institutions:
Millennium - is a standard game since 1000
Fall of Constantinople - begins after the victory of the Ottoman Empire over the Byzantine
World War I - you have to master tanks and aircraft, so as not to lose
World War II - You have to win in the largest war in the history of mankind
The modern world - is a scenario where the player has access to technologies of the near future
Consequences - the temperature on the entire planet begins to skyrocket. You have to find a way to reverse this process, otherwise all of humanity will die
Anarchy - the civilized world has fallen, now each province is for itself. You have to build a new civilization. Removed :frowning:

You can study technology, choose the political form of the state, create alliances, recruit and move the army.

Languages: English, French, Russian, Polish, Czech, Indonesian (not complete).

Thanks to the developers of the following extensions:
Richtext
Orthographic camera
Drawpixels
OpenAL
Without them, the game would have looked much worse.

Any comments / questions / suggestions you can write:
denismakhortovdev@gmail.com
vk.com/civilization_path

The VK group also publishes descriptions of scenarios, maps, and various interesting things.

Download Full: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DenisMakhortov.CivilizationPath
Download Lite: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DenisMakhortov.CivilizationPath.Lite

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBcqZ_L0FB0

18 Likes

Wow, impressive! I haven’t heard of this project before. When did your start development?

2 Likes

December 29 or 30. The development went on for a long time, because it could only allow in my free time

4 Likes

Looks really impressive! I posted it in a few reddit communities for android gaming and grand strategy, hopefully you get some sales!

4 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Some more screens

7 Likes

A bit about AI. AI, in addition to simple actions, can start a strategy (reduce the army in order to save more money and later hire an even larger army), send insults (1 turn before the war) and offer ultimatums.

1 Like

26 promotional codes to get the game for free. 23.10.2019 - 29.10.2019

Promotional Codes

47ZLS0XNJ94ATMTZSNUQT32
9B9WDZRMR4ZR9VCXMJSMJCY
HP2FE27DGXUSYZQEPBJ7H6F
1UBK95DWBD4KX2E2UTG8J60
7QP3NMR9NN04Q6GRBVXEWRT
7D3DT53JB3TDAMKFEBEY91D
R46PF3ZN9SYLTPNC50GMT44
2RZVRQPU7X08J08A5MEDX4Z
FDZ3TC2JB62W8LB12QJ4ABJ
R3FG1NPB2TRGAV3B740RBV7
AW8YV4HUUJJ3TL3JQGD3KGX
L90JNYLSLXSMZZSQ2X312B8
5A0JW8M5R3DV1RQ3LB8HK7A
XNSBKE3TV70DFGEQQZYGG1B
QS2KF7GA0GJVA104X72WV7S
C380QKMFSNU13VML0ZC0XAW
0MCSE6KK0ZUYRNZ049ZEEZP
JVFVQHRF4MALR515CEVT641
WWTN19Q6R5HWH69PGCF3UCU
46MVV9XJBDGLED70REMXWJ2
7XSEMGF6BZ20YYQSMJK9117

1 Like

I snagged this code. Of course I did it before I notice the game was only a dollar, which is super cheap! I would have payed that if I knew before hand :laughing:

1 Like

If you are interested in developing this further I really recommend you pay for an artist to make some improved assets / work on polishing some things like the text/general UI. Also make sure you own the .com of your game name at the very least.

5 Likes

Hi, everybody! I want to report several events.

1. Now game has a website civilizationpath.com. I really like the site, but it could not be otherwise, because I sketched it myself, it’s really easy :slight_smile:
  2. Free version released! Link in topic post.
  3. A small update to the game version 1.0.1 released. Changes are visible in google play
6 Likes

Great! :wink: Your game really reminds me Łukasz Jakowski’s Age of Civilizations or greatest Europa Universalis - consider it a great feedback, I really like those games! :smiley: I’ll try to report you bugs and ideas as soon as I’ll have some :wink: Website, however, needs some polish and I can tell you right now, that imo you could change the first background - the first impression is important and I didn’t know I’m on the game’s page until I scrolled - even a map with conquered territories and arrows indicating expansion would be great! You could also show both maps below :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, I will take this into account. Age of civilizations is one of my favorite games, but in it and many others on the android something was missing for me. I tried to translate in my game,to bring something new. I hope I succeeded.

1 Like

Version 1.0.2
Changes:
Fixed: bug with army increase due to attack bonuses
Fixed: poor quality of army, temperature and army fonts in movement lines
Add:At the end of the game, special windows were added: “Overview” and “Graph”

Fonts are made better by increasing font size and scaling 0.5
I just now realized that the same can be done with textures created in drawpixels. The lines after that should be better. I will definitely try this

5 Likes

Version 1.0.3
Changes:
Fixed: Improved lines in politics and technology
Fixed: Now flags are required. Previously, you could turn them off in the settings, from this update they are always on
Added: Trade. Now you can trade with bots.
Added: AI analyzes trade and, if it does not suit him, offers its options.
New language added: Polish. Translation is 70-80% complete. The whole game has been translated, but 2 or 3 scenarios remain, they are in English.

Updated site. After almost a month, I finally did it :slight_smile:

Now the game has a trailer. The video plays on the background of the site. But I’ll also drop a link to it here.

Updated plans.

Also, in this or the next I will do something with the lines of the graph, otherwise they look bad.
And something needs to be done with the graph, since on non-standard screens (not 16: 9) a certain step is incorrectly selected, and closer to the edge are selected those closer to the center. I think this is due to the fact that the graph is not stretched

Screens

4 Likes

Textures in technology. The textures created in drawpixels were improved by doubling the size of the texture and setting the scale to 0.5

Before and after

5 Likes

Version 1.0.4

Several corrections have occurred and a slight rebalance has occurred. Added music!
I really love a good soundtrack and therefore did everything so that it was so in my game.
There are 27 music files in the game, this could take up a huge disk space. With the help of the forum, I wrote my own extension and I hope that it will be useful to someone.

Also many thanks @sergey.lerg for the wonderful OpenAL extension.

The role of music in the game

The main goal of music is to create an atmosphere and anticipate events.
Music depends on:

1. Scenario. You can hear Danse macabre in the scenario of the Fall of Constantinople. Second coming - no percussion in the second world war. And modern tracks in Modern World and Consequences.
  2. War. Military music begins if you or someone declared war on you. And also sometimes it begins to play, if war is soon declared. It is really useful, as it lets the player know that the AI is ready for battle. With certain conditions, of course
  3. The end of the game. Depends on victory or defeat
  4. Other special important gaming events
5 Likes

I know im boring butt i cant use password for full version could you fix problem with tehnology in lite version (when i click on tehnology it kicks me out

Yes, I’m building a version right now. crashes on some phones if the buffer is too large (it can be seen above that I did this to improve the quality). It canceled and received such artifacts.

I’m trying to fix it now.

Promotion codes for paid until March:
8689YXZSBUSS2SDBPUG76M0
C6N281E54BCU3YS1MEEPH6E
P8JAHZUX53HC9TZTZ03K6WQ
ESPH8N68HD43HQS85DQ05CJ
QMR8UU796KMP8L7RH34GASR
33DGRFVNNVB1A9QXLRA9WKH
FJNY2MJ8TKF426HJFPFRC9W

1 Like