Cant export bundle - Error : no access to XY (SOLVED)

Hey there.

In my current project for the gamejam I have some problems.
In Editor 1 (I normally use for this) I cant build it since yesterday.

So I quickly swapped to Editor 2. If I try to bundle it (f.e. html) an error occures: access denied to …graphics (folder)

defold editor 2 build error 2

defold editor 2 build error

I thought it was because the graphic-suite was open (I created some graphics). Closed. Didnt help. Restarted PC - didnt help.

Now? How to fix this?

I see you’re opening the project from the directory editor 1 imported it to. Could you try importing it from the dashboard to some other directory using editor 2? Are you doing this project alone or can someone else try to build it, maybe on another platform? Mac is generally a safer bet when using editor 2 :slight_smile:

Can you bundle another project? For which platform are you bundling your project? Have you been able to bundle the project previously?

Hey.

normally using Editor1 so far.
I am working alone on all projects and opening locally.

Tried bundling html and win. same thing @britzl

I am bundling all the time - every version.

Worked 2 days ago fine in editor 1. But for some reason there was an error while building. tried in editor 2. worked so far. but bundling is a problem.

I thought it was the graphic-sweat which crashed an hour before. I worked on some buttons and saved one in THAT directory. But I already restarted the pc. nothing helped.

And what if you check out an older version at the point where you bundled last? Can you still bundle that version?

An older version of editor or project? there is no old save of the project.

I also deleted the last graphic file i’ve saved. didn’t work.

Editor 1 drops the same problem already while building (Editor 2 building is ok, bundling same error)

I try to remember what I’ve done at that point…

I guess it was creating collection proxies and a loader. At that point I quess this problem shown the first time in editor 1, so I tried editor 2 and worked so far (building, not bundling).

I’ve bundled another project. worked fine. So its located at this project.

Now I cant release o.O

Aren’t you synchronizing the project to our servers or perhaps GitHub?

Yes. Nornally. Not for the gamejam project. Synchronised today the first time.

Oh no. there is an very old version 2 weeks ago

how to go back and forth in versions?

I got something!

I’ll removed all changes of the last days (files only). IMO it could just be files. So I deleted them and deleted the proxies…After each file I tried without success.

At least I removed font, and it worked. I’ll do some tryouts to put everything back without that font. I remember its NOT used as far as I remember.

I’ll give feedback.

Hopefully it works :slight_smile:

OH HOLY.

I got it!

I am working on different PCs and using a usb stick to carry (really old school I know ,) )

Now I have the latest project and just removed the unused font (ttf) and .font-file. WORKING!

This is definitly a bug IMO.

Cannot bundle just because you have unused files/fonts isnt nice. I am searching the whole day for this problem.

@britzl What you think? Bug? Ticket?

1 Like

Marked topic as solved.

This sounds like a bug but let me try and reproduce it first. Could you please share the font and what I need to do to reproduce the problem?

1 Like

As far as I remember I got such a problem also in the past. I quess its not fixed to that special font either to unused files or fonts.

But sure, I’ll give you the font

Header0865.zip (7.8 KB)

1 Like

I can’t reproduce this. Could you please provide the steps I need to take to reproduce the issue using the provided font?

The whole project? :wink:

I reverted the last changings to make the bundling working again.

it worked again after I

• removed the .ttf file from the folder: main/graphics
  • removed the .font file from the same folder

The font was unused in the project.

The font is the font of the (orange:code) Logo. First, I wanted to write the logo instead of using a graphic to reduce buildsize. Later I choose the graphic so the font wasnt used.

As I said I think its not the font who’s causing the problem. I quess its more the unused situation.

I am at another pc where I am working on my projects (my gaming-pc). was same problem here.
Simply removed these 2 files and its working again :slight_smile:

Weird. It’s probably an issue with the .font file not referencing the correct .ttf or some other issue related to the .font file. I was able to use the .ttf file myself without any problems.

Strange.

We should keep that in mind :wink: