Can anyone give me Advice on Implementing Multiplayer Functionality in Defold

Hello there,

I’m currently working on a game project using Defold and I’m at a stage where I need to implement multiplayer functionality. However, I’m relatively new to networking in game development, and I’m seeking advice on the best approach to take within the Defold engine.

I’m interested in:-

1. Choosing between authoritative server-client model or peer-to-peer networking for my game.
  2. Handling synchronization of game state between clients and the server efficiently.
  3. Dealing with latency and ensuring smooth gameplay experience for all players.
  4. Any third-party libraries or extensions that are particularly well-suited for multiplayer implementation in Defold.

If anyone has experience with implementing multiplayer in Defold or any insights into best practices, I would greatly appreciate your guidance and advice. Additionally, if there are any tutorials or resources you would recommend for someone diving into multiplayer networking in Defold, please share them.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I would suggest you Colyseus. It uses JS / TypeScript in server side and support various game engine.

Thanks for sharing your insights mate as I have gone through this link:- GitHub - colyseus/colyseus: ⚔ Multiplayer Framework for Node.js aws and found this very much informative and useful.

1 Like

It’s easy to implement and operate. I’m also using it for my current project