Bundle offline

When I try to create a bundle while offline, I get this error:

java.security.PrivilegedActionException: Unknown
java.net.UnknownHostException: github.com

I’m on MacOS 11.4 and I tried creating bundles for Mac and Windows. I get the same error for each. In-editor builds work fine.

Do I need bob.jar installed? Maybe I need to install Java (I don’t think it’s pre-installed anymore)?

Beyond just getting it to work offline, what’s the difference on the backend when trying to bundle online vs offline? Just curious.

If your project uses any native extensions (ie has native code such as C++, Java or Objective-C) or if your project uses an application manifest (to remove unused systems such as physics) it has to be built online at least once so that our build server can create a custom game engine with your extensions and with unused systems removed. This custom engine will be cached in .internal/cache and used for subsequent builds (which can be done offline).

When do you get the error? When opening the project or when doing Project->Bundle?

I had read that about cacheing the engine, so I made sure to create a bundle first. No luck though.

The error occurs when selecting Project > Bundle. It opens and builds in editor fine.

I just did a test with a new empty project and it successfully created a bundle offline. But if I add a dependency like DefOS, I get the error (after bundling online to cache the engine then going offline to bundle again).

I don’t think DefOS is the culprit, because I also tried this with defold-orthographic and got the same result.

The editor is probably checking the dependencies for some reason. This vaguely rings a bell. I’ll take a look soon.

1 Like

Yes, I believe the editor does a check of the ETags of the dependencies. I’ll see what we can do to improve this.

2 Likes

Sounds great! Thanks

1 Like