Appstore preparation question

The first I’d like to thanks Defold team for great game engine again.

I’m going to release my WIP game to Appstore. As you probably now, Appstore approval is quite strictly process. To ensure the game is published smoothly, it would be great if I’m able to get the confirmations as below :

1]Cryptography :

I often selected “No” for successful submit before. I see the result of Defold package for iOS, the binary look like to be encrypted. Is it “No” option still OK ?

2] Push notification :

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for “Blowing Bubble HD”. Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature’s entitlements do not include the “aps-environment” entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the “aps-environment” entitlement. See “Provisioning and Development” in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Regards,

The App Store team

The game doesn’t use Push Notification for the first release. If I leave it as it is , is it valid for approval ? or I need remove something if I’ve not got the chance to implement any push notification.

3] As the game doesn’t serve Ads.Does Defold include Advertising Identifier to its package? I’ve ever been rejected due to Facebook extension which includes Advertising Identifier but I select “No” option.

My options for recent successful approval is :

• Advertising Identifier : Yes (Facebook includes it for tracking, analytics).
  • Advertising Identifier for serving Ads : No

BTW: I will not include FB feature in the first release.

Thanks,
RG1-

1 Like

It’s not encrypted, just packed. Packing is not the same as serious encryption.

I don’t know about 2, but I doubt it would be an issue.

For 3 this is relevant from the FAQ

I try to publish my game to Appstore. How should I respond to IDFA?
Defold has built in support for IDFA (Advertising Identifier). You can fetch it via sys.get_sys_info(). When submitting, Apple has three checkboxes for their three valid use cases for the IDFA:

Serve ads within the app
Install attribution from ads
User action attribution from ads
If you check option 1, the app reviewer will look for ads to show up in the app. If your game does not show ads, the game might get rejected. Defold uses the id for cross promotion of your games, so you should check option 2.

2 Likes

Thanks @Pkeod,

Sorry for #3 as I’ve not got the chance to read the FAQ topic.

Thus , #1 and #3 is clear. Need the information for #2. I’ve ever published my first game using Parse push notification, however, the feature is implemented and integrated fully. Not sure if I won’t implement Push notification for the working game, is it still OK.

At least I can say I have published apps which have it enabled in the id, but don’t actually use it. It has been a while since I’ve submitted a new app for review though.

1 Like

I have published two games made with Defold, on both I got that email and was accepted anyway. I think it is just a warning that Defold use the push notifications and that push won’t work if you don’t also include the push entitlement in your app.

2 Likes

Many thanks @Johan for the information. 3-5 waiting days due to rejection is not always comfortable :-).

1 Like

The game was approved within 1 day :

Time submitted : (UTC/GMT + 7)
June 10, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Time approval : (UTC/GMT +7)
June 11, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Thanks all for your supports.

4 Likes

What’s the name of the game in appstore? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The game named as Blowing Bubble HD. It is released at June 15th.

2 Likes