App store review lead times?

Hi,

Does anyone know the lead times for an app to be reviewed these days? I have a friend who says his apps get accepted within a day but my game has been ‘in-review’ since April 17th.

Thanks

If it’s your first ever submission for the game, or if you’ve added IAP or subscriptions for the first time review could take a bit longer. If this is an update to an existing app, I’d be concerned. In the past when this has happened I’ve modified something subtle on the submission, for example just change to/from automatic or timed release and submit, you won’t lose your spot in the review queue or change states. Once I had an app sitting in review over 2 weeks and simply doing this prodded it along and it got approved within 15 minutes.

I hope you get approved soon :pray:

1 Like

Yes is it is my first game and first IAP on this account.

Thanks for the feedback. I changed from manual to auto release and clicked save, its a long shot :slight_smile:

Sometimes reviews have been ~2 days sometimes 2 weeks+.

2 Likes

I submitted an update Thursday at 5:30pm, entered review at 11am this morning, and passed review at 5pm. The queue seems to be small, it’s likely just the extra scrutiny since it’s your first game and it has IAP. Let’s hope it goes through early next week if it hasn’t already!

3 Likes