AndroidManifest.xml parsing error (SOLVED)

Failed building Android resources to R.java: C:\Users\CODERM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp9499290726666357719\AndroidManifest.xml:29: error: Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token)

I get this error when I build the project. If I remove the whole activity tag shown in the image, the project is built without error. What could be the problem?

0 Likes

Is this with the AdMob extensions?

0 Likes

Yeah admob, but it’s my native extension. Interestingly, the same activity tag in the test project is built without error. If I move the native extension to my game, the above error occurs. If I delete this activity tag, it will be built without error.
So far, I don’t understand what’s wrong.

0 Likes

I have tried @sergey.lerg’s admob extension, but the following error still exists:

Failed building Android resources to R.java: C:\Users\CODERM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp11614697548488113920\AndroidManifest.xml:153: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘theme’ with value ‘@style/Theme.IAPTheme’).

If I change ‘@style/Theme.IAPTheme’ to ‘@android: style/Theme.IAPTheme’, then the same error is:

Failed building Android resources to R.java: C:\Users\CODERM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp16331657937702685173\AndroidManifest.xml:153: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘theme’ with value ‘@android:style/Theme.IAPTheme’).

If I delete the associated ‘android: theme’ property, it will be built without error.

In any case, this error is different from my case. In my case, it complains about not formatting well.

0 Likes

I found the cause of the parsing error. The AndroidManifest.xml file for my game has a 0x00 character in some way. I don’t understand how this could be, because I copied the activity tag from a text editor to a text editor. The 0x00 character didn’t appear in the text editor, only when I looked more closely at the hex editor …

2 Likes