AndroidManifest.xml parsing error (SOLVED)

Failed building Android resources to R.java: C:\Users\CODERM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp9499290726666357719\AndroidManifest.xml:29: error: Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token)

I get this error when I build the project. If I remove the whole activity tag shown in the image, the project is built without error. What could be the problem?

Is this with the AdMob extensions?

Yeah admob, but it’s my native extension. Interestingly, the same activity tag in the test project is built without error. If I move the native extension to my game, the above error occurs. If I delete this activity tag, it will be built without error.
So far, I don’t understand what’s wrong.

I have tried @sergey.lerg’s admob extension, but the following error still exists:

Failed building Android resources to R.java: C:\Users\CODERM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp11614697548488113920\AndroidManifest.xml:153: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘theme’ with value ‘@style/Theme.IAPTheme’).

If I change ‘@style/Theme.IAPTheme’ to ‘@android: style/Theme.IAPTheme’, then the same error is:

Failed building Android resources to R.java: C:\Users\CODERM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\bob_bundle_tmp16331657937702685173\AndroidManifest.xml:153: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘theme’ with value ‘@android:style/Theme.IAPTheme’).

If I delete the associated ‘android: theme’ property, it will be built without error.

In any case, this error is different from my case. In my case, it complains about not formatting well.

I found the cause of the parsing error. The AndroidManifest.xml file for my game has a 0x00 character in some way. I don’t understand how this could be, because I copied the activity tag from a text editor to a text editor. The 0x00 character didn’t appear in the text editor, only when I looked more closely at the hex editor …

2 Likes