Android In-app Subscriptions (SOLVED)

When I try to use Android subscription I recieve a message:

04-04 18:04:50.074  7903  7919 E defold  : ERROR:IAP: Failed to parse purchase response (0)
04-04 18:04:50.074  7903  7919 D defold  : DEBUG:SCRIPT: nil
04-04 18:04:50.080  7903  7919 D defold  : DEBUG:SCRIPT: failed to parse purchase response      0

Looks like defold didn’t support subscriptions on android. It’s sad =(

The worst thing that I need this feature yesterday =) We played game release before end of week and it can’t be moved…

The in-app purchases is separate module for now? Maybe have sence to make it open source?

2 Likes

I still think what can i do with subscription on android, can you help me?

@sven or @Mathias_Westerdahl, can you take a look?

It’s still an issue for me =)
And I still think how to solve that. (It’s a blocker for me)

Possible to make an IAP subscriptions native extension probably?

Yes, but it’s a lot of work. And it will be double work especially after @Mathias_Westerdahl words about possibility to make iaps extension an open source.

Well, although it’s our plan, and we’ve now taken the first step towards it, I cannot currently give you an actual ETA. Hopefully, we can do this in the next sprint or so.

I hope, but publishers already want android version (we shipped ios today) =(( I think I will have to write my own iaps (
Have no chances to fix (if it is not a lot of work) “Failed to parse” bug with ?

04-04 18:04:50.074 7903 7919 E defold : ERROR:IAP: Failed to parse purchase response (0)

@AGulev I will take a look at this tomorrow. Hopefully it’s a minor thing. I thought you and I confirmed that subscriptions worked on Android, but I’ll have to consult my notes and message history to confirm.

2 Likes

It works on ios (We did it on our paid version a half year ago), but now I try to use subscription on android and received a message:

Ok, I’ll also try to recheck subscription one more time (who knows, maybe it needs some time for processing or something like this)

UPD: just recheck one more time. Result the same:
After information that purchase is done successfully by Play store, I receive a message in console:

ERROR:IAP: Failed to parse purchase response (0)
DEBUG:SCRIPT: failed to parse purchase response 0

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’ll look into this tomorrow.

4 Likes

Hi,
Do you have any news?

Looking into it now. Sorry for the delay.

2 Likes

Fixed in Defold 1.2.127

4 Likes