AI fine-tuned model for Defold?

Hey everyone. I was wondering, is there any plans yet for building a special Defold oriented AI model? Preferably 7B parameters so most people with 8 GB GPUs could run the model. This could be a differentiating factor to compete with Godot. I’d like to see Defold succeed since it seems like a well designed engine which just needs a bigger community from my experiences with it. Let me know what you guys think! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve tested GPT4 with uploading the docs to it and it works well. Claude 3 Opus also works really well for Defold/Lua questions without needing to upload anything to it, though it doesn’t know about newer features. Github Copilot is also really good and you can use it in VS Code. A selfhosted opensource model just for Defold would be cool and useful! Someone could make a site/API like Defold Oracle and keep maintaining it as Defold updates.

3 Likes

Would be great to see a copilot-style plugin for the IDE :innocent:

2 Likes

I made a custom gpt in both copilot and chatgpt.

I like them both. They are able to refractor my code amazingly well.

2 Likes

Did you manage to integrate it in the Defold IDE?
Would love to have something that speeds up the writing of my boilerplate code.

Use Visual Studio Code. Then you can use Copilot.

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten this to fully work for me but it’s close.

Try https://claude.ai/ too (paid version) for refactor suggestions / questions when you get stuck on something. It is very impressive.