Advise on a good jump formula?

My next game will involve physics, but I’m having a big problem with the formulas for jumping (the link to the platformer manual doesn’t work).

Simply increasing velocity.y (as you can see in the video) doesn’t look particularly nice.

I don’t know what genre you’re aiming for (video doesn’t render in my browser).

On platformers, in my experience, implementing jumping with physics has always been unsatisfactory. There is a lot of stuff in literature you can find but in practice, to be fun the jump will hardly be physically realistic. my final solution is to have a ‘lookup table’ where you have a correspondence between t (time instant) and the expected height. in this way you can tweak it, ex. decide that once the peak has been reached it stays there for a moment and then goes down very quickly. hth

My game is something remotely similar to Doodle Jump (and a game about climbing a mountain that was available on google during the Olympics).

I couldn’t find any information on how to link the time and height of the jump in the code. I would be very grateful if you have a link to such information.