Advertising SDKs

? in terms of native functions is the plan for Defold team to use these to build plug-n-play support for the various ad SDKs or is that going to have to be sourced from the community? Are there plans to maybe organize a few of these types of things? Seems to me that a big reason for this were the various ad SDKs so curious how that’s going to be handled…

The plan is to enable the community (and third party suppliers) so any needed extension can be created and supported. We have very limited resources and have no plans to build and support various ad extensions. However, we will supply a set of extension examples and one of them will be an ad-extension.

4 Likes

I agree with @sicher. If we provide a working and useful example of for instance an AdMob SDK I believe that should be enough to get people started if they wish to integrate other ad SDKs.

I don’t disagree with this answer, but hopefully there’s a way to organize these as the community comes forward. Maybe there can be a page in documentation that has a good list of each major one and it’s status?

Yes, we will continue to do our best to promote good extensions. We will also try to get them listed on our community pages (available soon)

1 Like