Admob newbie question (SOLVED)

YES! The listener gets called. I made the listener toggle physics debug and it toggles after about 3 seconds.

Could it be that it has to do with Z order?

Could be, the default render script only renders things between -1 and 1.
Remember that the position is inherited, if a parent got 0.5 and the child got 0.7 the actual position is 1.2

1 Like

To get the prints, launch adb logcat.

Hereā€™s a nifty deploy, launch and log script that I use in my daily work, in situations like this.

Ok! Thank you for the script. I will use it. Looked at Z axis ordering and found that the main.script was attached to the player game object which renders correctly so there is no problem there. Would attaching the main.scipt to a separate game object with a Z of 1 work? We know the issue is in the load function. Maybe position smart is overriding the Z.

I have re-downloaded sergey.lergā€™s example and tried to export it for android and got an error. I then tried to use https://github.com/defold/extension-admob by mathiaswking. The example in for that project was working. I tried to scrape the example code to the bare bones to implement and read the docs. However, when I try to implement it, I donā€™t see the ads show up. Here is the code I used inside of a gui_scipt.

admob.load_banner(ā€˜ca-app-pub-5899342264159115/5277419906ā€™, { width = 320, height = 50 }, callback )

And then I added the following code in a buttonā€™s function. I also tried putting it in the callback. Both of which did not work.

admob.show_banner()

Just in case you were wondering, here is the error I get when I try sergey.lergā€™s code in the example.

Sorry it was not letting my copy the error.

Not sure why the ad doesnā€™t show.
Do you get any error messages along the way?

For the ā€œadUnitIdā€ / ā€œadSizeā€, there is this workaround: Admob extension failed building (DEF-3657)SOLVED

Sorry for the late response but just as a final note, I got it working. I used sergey.lergā€™s code. I used that workaround and it all worked. If anyone in the future comes and needs help I can. For me it was a temp file issue and it now all works.

2 Likes