Adding Game Distribution SDK

Any one else have experience of how long it takes them to review games ?
17 days since posting… 11 days since it passed the advertising test…
I emailed them…

Ah, it can be done using DefOS.

I can reach out and ask. We have also submitted a game to go through the entire process. In our case it’s been a bit back and forth, adjusting some things as we discovered them, so I’m not entirely sure how long the actual review time is. What is the gameid of your game?

Ok thankyou. I will post the ID direct to you.

1 Like

Did you send this?

I did. Looking at my sent box it went to “defold”.
I have sent it again direct to you. Will post it here if that does not get to you.

Got it! Thanks!

Hi,
They eventually came back after testing the game on a tonne of devices with screens that show the GUI going out of bounds… which causes a fail.

The fail is like the image above… after searching the forums I found out that the y anchoring is the issue causing the GUI to move… so I made the anchoring X = None…y = None and Adjust mode = fit.

This gets me the above screen which looks ok… but now the screen is not clipped… I am seeing objects when they are off of the screen. I have marked red lines roughly where the screen should be clipped.

Apart from the clipping everything is now appearing correctly.

I am using renderCam with these settings below… I want it to scale the game area and the gui to fit… which it is doing… but not to display the off screen parts… is it possible ?

Slap a big black gui on top of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ok yup I thought about something like that… :+1:

Hi)
Your game was reviewed?)
How long it takes to review?

My game 14+ days from request) And no news)

Really? Can you please provide me with the name of the game and the game id? I’ve been told that a review should take no longer than 5 days.

1 Like

Thanks)
Reflection Symmetry
4b26eaedaacb4f6f81564a9169ec81b2

@d954mas - Still waiting on mine… its been reviewed twice.
Complete contrast to Yandex who review it in about 1-2 days.s

1 Like

It’s not just reviews they are slow with. I asked GD a question on Feb 1st and it took until Mar 5th to get a reply (My question was “Can Game Distribution technical team give stats on if WebGL 2 is generally acceptable to use today?” Their answer was “Unfortunately question is not clear for us. Can you give some detail about your question?”).

4 Likes

May I ask where the question was asked?

One of the forms on their site, according to the e-mails it was using zendesk. I don’t remember exactly but it was probably this form

https://gamedistribution.com/contact

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience releasing a game on Game Distribution. I have reached out to our contact at Game Distribution to share the feedback on long review and response times.

I also wanted to let you know that we have shared a new blog post on how to create and release games on Game Distribution:

In order to experience the full development and publishing experience first hand me and @JCash partnered with @benjames171 to release his awesome Metroidvania game Sector 781 on Game Distribution.

It’s hard to judge the review times as we also tweaked the Game Distribution SDK and wrote some of the documentation while also integrated the SDK in the game. I do recognise some delay in reviews but I’ve been told that a review should be completed in no longer than 5 days.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to point out that the game was published by Refold AB and not the Defold Foundation. The Defold Foundation will never act as a publisher or game developer as this isn’t within the objectives of the foundation (except for development of samples and tutorials). Refold is a Swedish company owned by the Defold team. It acts as the “executive branch” of Defold, working together with a few other contractors on behalf of the Defold Foundation on the day to day operations of Defold. More about this can be found under the Operations heading on the About page of the Defold website.

5 Likes

This is awesome! If it’s possible to update it still I would suggest tracking if they press the shoot button / other buttons and prompt them with the keys on screen periodically until they do. So if they go 1 minute walking around without shooting prompt them on screen with the shoot buttons until they shoot once with Shift/C. Same with map. After they show they can press the shoot button, prompt them to open the map with M until they do. Or leave both tips on bottom left and bottom right of the screen until they press them once. Could do same with double jump too. It will help!

1 Like

Good suggestion! We’ll look into it the next time we do an update.

2 Likes

GD approved my game)

It takes about 2 month :slight_smile: and 2 reviews.
CREATED 02/23/2021 09:27:43
UPDATED 04/26/2021 14:22:00

1)Gd have some problems on their side.
2)I have a big pause before second attemp.Do not have enought time.
Review was very long.
3+ weeks first review.
2-3 weeks second review.

I have one more game in review. It will be cool, if it take less time:))

Thanks @britzl for help.

7 Likes