3D Game Black Screen (SOLVED)

Archive.zip (1.0 MB)

Here is my project. As an update to my previous post I have fixed the errors, but I still do not have a working GUI. My game is now at 960x620, with all the GUIs adjusted for this new size (previously 1920x1080)

When I build the game, with main.collection as the bootstrap I get a black screen. After waiting for a minute, there is no change. Additionally, there are no errors in the console, apart from a rendercam active camera warning.

When I build the game with mainmenu.collection as the bootstrap, I get no response from the game when I click on the areas shown in white, which are the box nodes used for gooey. I have the required keybinds inside of game.input_binding, but still no joy.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

PS: Running MacOS 11.5.2 (Big Sur), with 6 core processor, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 5300M and Intel UHD graphics 630.

If I understand correctly, you have a problem that the buttons are not pressed? If yes then, in the push function, you do not need to check for push, this function is automatically called when you pressed the button.

Your code
local function exit(exit)
      if exit.pressed then
             sys.exit(0)
      end
end
It will be right
local function exit()
	sys.exit(0)
end

Fix it for the rest and the buttons will work
As an initial collection, you should have assigned a collection “loader”.
I’ve fixed some bugs to get your interface working. =)
Archive.zip (1.3 MB)

3 Likes

That works! Thank you so much for the help!

2 Likes