Zoom or Font-Size in EDITOR?

In the editor itself, is there a way to zoom or increase font-size or something? I’m using a fairly high resolution and everything is a bit small, I mean not unusably so, but I imagine after a few hours of using it my eyes would probably start to hurt :smile:

Not officially, but you can try some of the style sheet modifications from this thread:

2 Likes

You can extract the editor.css from the latest .jar with 7zip, edit it, and then drag it back into the .jar with 7zip to update it.

A good place to start would be to edit the font-size in .root here is an example of setting it to 20.

There are only 26 mentions of the font size element so should be easy to find the ones someone would want to increase.

Ideally the editor would allow us to specify an extras.css in the editor options that way we can add easy overrides of values for things like sizes and themes. It would also be a good idea to use a CSS compiler for the theme base files so it’s even easier to make new themes and various text sizes.

Keep in mind currently the editor is designed for the font sizes it has so increasing the sizes may cut some stuff off in various dialogs.

4 Likes

Thanks, that worked great. I increased the font-size to 14 of just root and I think I’ll leave it at that. :smile:

2 Likes

according to this link:

• Create a folder named .defold in your user home directory.
    • On Windows C:\Users\**Your Username**\.defold
    • On macOS /Users/**Your Username**/.defold
    • On Linux ~/.defold
  • Create a editor.css file in the .defold folder

in editore.css:
.root {
-fx-font-size: 18px;
}

default font size is 13px.

1 Like

This works great, THANK YOU!.. Just had to restart defold (I was using Help > Reload stylesheets thinking it wasn’t working at first)