Is Defold the right choice for me?

OK, so you’re here and my title worked :wink:

Looking for input from the scores of Defold users. We are looking to get into game and utility app development that will be cross-platform - Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, etc.

We have been looking at many of the cross-platform frameworks (you guys, and gals, know who the others are), but what sets Defold apart from the others. Better handling of various OS’s? Better monetization? Better community support? If I was a paying customer (and if the Defold IDE was a purchase product) why would you suggest Defold over the others?

Are there any specific strengths? Any weaknesses (c’mon, even Superman had his kryptonite). Does Defold perform equally well when developing for mobile, desktop, XBox, Steam, etc?

I don’t want to start a war, I just want to get some input for active users, so we can make a leap that is, at least, in the right direction.

Thanks to all that post and cheers!
MadDogDean

1 Like
3 Likes

Thanks @ross.grams. Funny that how even when you ask a question, you don’t know that the devs in the next cubicle are having the EXACT same conversation…

And now I am anxiously awaiting @Pawel to post his video… (no pressure Pawel :wink:)

Cheers,
MadDogDean

1 Like