Unofficial Defold Game Jam #2

What can be better than a pair of Defold socks :wink:?
And i’m ready to make anything, anything for a Defold T-Shirt :smile:

4 Likes

Things just got real for sure. I’m so ready to start, waste time solving unnecessary problems and end up with a barely playable mess by the end of the month!

4 Likes

Yuss! @klear, I am so this guy.

I am going to let it be known publicly right now, that I started working on a little game for this jam today, cheatingly and early, because i was very bored (at work), and because there is no voting and prizes (other than the randomly selected sock-receivers…), and because my skills and experience as a game developer of any stripe extend to I did the month-long lua jam on itch a couple years ago, with a very unfinished (and broken) “game.” I need the extra days :stuck_out_tongue:
Hopefully i can come up with something socks-worthy ( @britzl if you want to disqualify me from socks for cheating, I am 100% receptive to that. @ross.grams so far my “game” is basically a “tech demo” for Rendercam. Nice. I love it).

Hope everyone gets on board to make something cool!

12 Likes

Good luck everyone!
I will only have the next weekend to do something but am curious to see what is being made in here

6 Likes

Loaded with work here, but hopefully I will find time to make something silly!

6 Likes

Full disclosure: I am doing something quite amibitious so have already started - and already have some Defold socks and they are awesome.

8 Likes

I was going to cheat too and started as soon as the jam was announced, but since it ended up not fitting the theme but I was unable to tear myself from working on it, I’ll be starting my game mostly from scratch today.

I do have a pretty good script to convert the player’s name to elder speech at least.

7 Likes

Just started it. I’m not sure if I will manage to finish it or not but I’m going to try.
It would be nice to have Grids and Snapping settings in the Editor though. It is so hard to design levels without them :frowning:

8 Likes

I’ve got knights fighting spiders!

battle

I guess the forces of evil are going to need a bit more help.

12 Likes

One and a half hours till the (un) official Start :grinning:
I’m still out of ideas :thinking:

2 Likes

Mostly focused on aesthetics so far. Robots move about a bit and the turn system seems to work.

The game is set inside Mars Base 1 where the main source of power has been interrupted. Resident robot drones have gone haywire and taken the colonists hostage. Then some story type stuff happens… probably.

faction

15 Likes

:star_struck:

6 Likes

UDGJ#2 has started

Good luck everyone :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Good luck everyone! I’m still thinking about what to do :cold_sweat:

5 Likes

Let’s get it started! :smiley:

Day 1

The base is my Defluid example. I’ve just added tilesource from OGA, created first tilemap, initialized screen managing and adjusted camera and render properties, so it looks more consistent (aka more pixelated :smiley: )

11 Likes

That water reminds me of Another World.

4 Likes

You’re not alone in this hunt :smile:
I’m still stuck with the idea part, but at least thought of two very vague ones:

• The first one is a sidescroller game where you descend into the depths of a cave to find the source of recurring earthquakes (or volcanoes, or some thing similar). It will have a general story bound platfomer gameplay, with proc generated splunkey like levels. :face_with_monocle:
  • The second one is a survival horror game, where you roam around your house to find the source of otherworldly experiences that have been threatening u. :ghost:

Still thinking :thinking: , but wanted to ask in general, which one do you think is better?
(A vague question again, but still :wink: )

3 Likes

Both ideas are great! :smiley: Nonetheless I consider the first option a little bit more suitable for the theme and intriguing what do you have on your mind teasing us with Spelunky like levels :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve only manged to come up with rougly 70% of an idea. The game is going to be something like little alchemy. More concrete details to be decided :sunny:
Good luck guys!

4 Likes

So the game I decided on is definitely not a “jam” game :joy: but It’s coming along ok so far and should be playable with basic features by the deadline, if I’m lucky. Working titles at the moment are either “Source-Sink” or “(0, 0, 0)”

5 Likes