Unfolding Gamedev - video tutorial series

Awesome! Well done :relaxed:

4 Likes

Hello,

I’m trying to get started with Defold again and this looks super promising! Thanks for making these videos!

4 Likes

Defold vs Godot!

15 Likes

Messaging and Addressing in Defold explained (hopefully well, this is a vast topic :smiley: ):

15 Likes

You are on a roll! Love these :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

:dove: New video explaining my open source module for easy and safe messaging system!

17 Likes

Thank you for making these awesome videos. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for all of this content!

1 Like

Huge announcement from Defold is now covered in my YT channel! :wink:

10 Likes

How to make a platformer game in Defold? :thinking_face:
Check out in a new video tutorialseries! :partying_face:

19 Likes

At first, thank you for those tutorials. Usually, i’m not fond of video format as i prefer to read, but you belong to the little circle where this format brings something more than pure text.

If you post transcriptions, i can translate them to french, if you want.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :heart: I will try to put transcriptions to every video gradually, perhaps I will also find time to make tutorials in a written form out of those videos :wink:

3 Likes

After a lot of waiting, here is the second part of the Platformer Tutorial for Defold! :defold:

21 Likes

Hi Pawel, great to see this series continuing… There’s just one thing:

IN-EDITOR POP-UP DOCUMENTATION!

You showed this at 9:43 in your video, but it’s not in my editor at all! I’ve tried both the latest stable release 1.6.0 and the 1.6.1 beta on both Mac and Windows, and it’s not happening for me.

This is such a great feature as it really helps with the learning process, and it was one of the things that put me off Defold a bit when I first looked at it a few years ago, before deciding on Godot. Now I’m wanting to give Defold another go, I’d really love to get this working.

Is it a Linux only feature?

1 Like

We talked under YT video, but for it to be here: it’s enabled with Ctrl + Space shortcut :wink: Let me know, if it is working for you

3 Likes

Yes, it’s working great!

Thank you for replying here too Pawel, and apologies for cross-posting! But I thought it might be good to highlight this feature here too, and I’m sure a lot of people might find helpful.

1 Like

Platformer Tutorial for has now a repository on Github!
Each commit is regarding each part of the video series and next part is in production now :wink:

13 Likes

Part 3 of the Platformer Tutorial is now live and repo is updated!

Watch it here:

16 Likes

Part 4 of the Platformer Tutorial where we implement jumping mechanics and learn how to debug!

14 Likes

Excellent work.
I learn so much and so fast by following your tutorials and redoing them step by step.
Thank you for all this.

3 Likes