Translating Defold manual

Hello there I am a programmer, and I would like to know if anyone is interested in reading the Defold manual in their own mother language. I can make it done very easily. Please let know if you guys want this or not.

How easily? Don’t tell me google translation.

You have Chinese guys working for you?

I’ve read the Chinese edition of the Spine manual. It’s a piece of …

Sorry I don’t trust them. They just want money but don’t give a shit about any job.

2 Likes

No !, none of the Chinese guys are working for me. It is not easy actually, it will take plenty of times but I just want to know that is it worth doing it ?. Does any one actually need one?. Because now a days all they use is google translation. Please let me know.

That’s right.
There’s a large large game market here in my country.
So I’m doing the right thing I think.
Feel free to do yours if you really like Defold.

To be honest after seeing the responses, I do not think that I would want to. But I really should give it a shot. My program would be like, you can put any language as a paragraph and it would translate, I suppose google is already doing that, and that is why I got no responses. Now I am clear.

Yes, it sounds like Google Translate. What is the difference then? It’s interesting

1 Like

Hi, yes it is the same thing and that is why I realised that people are not interested with it as they are already having this benefit with google translation.

1 Like

Hi Maria
It’s not new topic but if you are still interested about it, maybe I could help for persian version of manual. my english to persian translation is better than my persian to english and of course better than google translate :grinning:

• i know lot of persians can’t understand the english version, but i think it’s not very usefull while defold doesn’t support persian and RTL.

This topic is about the Maria writing something like Google translate to automatically translate. If you want to contribute translations to the manuals then you should fork the doc repository and “go at it” :slight_smile:

Someone have already made a Korean translation, so it is very possible.

As for the engine I did take a super quick look at the source but could not find any language files, so maybe that is not yet setup to handle translations - maybe a Editor Dev can confirm or deny this assumption.

3 Likes

For the engine, we parse out the documentation directly from the source files itself. Currently, it doesn’t really lend itself very well for having multiple translations (it would get too crowded), but it’s an interesting thought we might support in the future.