Throwing Spear

Hey, I want to share my first mobile game on play store. This game is heavily inspired by knife hit game.

In the beginning, I use unity engine to develop this game and then I realise the build size of the game was too big. So, I search for another game engine who have smaller build size and I choose defold due to its active community and also have good video tutorial.

Game Description:
Throwing Spear is very simple game, just tap the screen to throw spear at the shield as many as you can. If your spear touches another spear, the game is over.

9 Likes

Congratulations! Knife Hit was a big hit! I hope you’ll get some success with your game as well.

Out of curiosity do you remember the size of the game in Unity compared to the size of the game in Defold?

I remember when this game doesn’t have any background music and only have just 1 spear and 1 shield sprite, the APK size of the game is 18 Mb using Unity. Compared to Defold, the APK size of the game is only 3 Mb.

Now, the game has 2 background music and multiple shields and spears sprite, the build size is only 7.2 Mb with AAB format.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing the info!

For some reason I can’t play this on Pixel 5. The app installs, but when I tap the app icon it says “App isn’t installed”.

Really strange. I want to play!

1 Like

Thanks for the report, I realize that I also can’t open the game via the google play store using Samsung A32

when I try to test (install via play store & open) the game on Google Pixel 4, I also face a similar issue

Tried on a couple android devices and same issue, downloaded but does not play. Get an error if you try to play from the Google play store.

It might be worth checking out the Pre-launch report on the Google Play Console. It captures images, videos and crash logs.

@RedHunter7 have you not encountered this yourself?

Could you perhaps run logcat and see what the log shows? I’m sure there is valuable info there.

Apologies , I wasn’t clear also I am not setup with these tools. I meant that when I tried to download and play RedHunter7’s Throwing Spear game I got the same message as totebo “App isn’t installed” after downloading and clicking , and I also tried to play from the play store and get the error “Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped”. I downloaded and tried to play on 2 devices Galaxy s3 and galaxy j7.

I have already fixed this issue, the reason why a user can’t launch the game is that I set android:exported settings to false on the AndroidManifest.xml file.

settings android:exported=false on the Activity marked as the LAUNCHER Activity would basically tell the system that it cant launch your application.

2 Likes