This month I got my first two paying customers

…and I came here to brag. Sorry everyone.

This month I’ve had my first and second ever serious customers for my game. It’s not much money (I mean, I have spent much more time and money on this game than I will receive…) but I am trying to appreciate this moment because, hey, it’s a pretty big moment. I got €150 - twice - from two summer kids clubs who hired my game for two days. Which is great, right!!!

The game in question is based on my super cool project DO NOT OPEN THIS SUITCASE. But I made a corporate version which isn’t a bomb, and got a friend with a company that do gamification for businesses to do some work on it.

I think I spent about 900€ worth of time and then paid 1300€ to my friend’s company for the work they did (but they found both clients, so so far it’s been worth it).

August in Spain (and I guess the rest of the world, but especially hot Spain) is famously a bad time for business, so September is when we are hoping to really get started. But so far, I am very happy!

14 Likes

thanks for sharing. But… any pictures of the final device to share perhaps? Also what’s the non-bomb thing?

1 Like

Thank you for putting up with my brags!

The final device is a satellite communicator; there is a satellite that has fallen from its orbit and it must be manually readjusted in order to stop something bad from happening.

Here’s a picture they sent to me:

I’ll get some photos of the device next time I am visiting my friend’s company (he is in Pamplona, I live in Zaragoza, about an hour and a half on the train).

8 Likes