This is how I fixed my portrait/landscape zoom issue

I had a heck of a time trying to figure out the orthographic camera. Which script goes where, which script I need to update, etc…

1. get the Orthographic camera add as a dependency and fetch libraries.
  2. now add a game object collection to your main collection. And choose /orthographic/camera.go
  3. click on /script - /orthographic/camera.script
  4. configure accordingly. (change default to either FIXED_AUTO or FIXED_ZOOM). Documentation is clear what the difference is, so use that to figure out which is best.
  5. Go a GUI_SCRIPT that is on that screen (like my score GUI)
  6. add this to the top of the GUI_SCRIPT file
local camera = require "orthographic.camera"
local camera_id = hash("/camera")
  1. Now add this to the GUI_SCRIPT
function on_message(self, message_id, message, sender)
	if message_id == hash("layout_changed") and message.id == hash("Landscape") then
		-- switching layout to landscape
        camera.set_zoom(camera_id, 1.0) --reset zoom for landscape mode
		msg.post("main:/veggie_order_portrait", "disable")  --disable the portrait mode veggie_order graphic
		msg.post("main:/veggie_order_landscape", "enable")  --disable the landscape mode veggie_order graphic
	elseif message_id == hash("layout_changed") and message.id == hash("Portrait") then
		-- switching layout to portrait
		camera.set_zoom(camera_id, 2.0) --increase the zoom the the shopping bag fills up more the screen
		msg.post("main:/veggie_order_portrait", "enable")  --disable the portrait mode veggie_order graphic
		msg.post("main:/veggie_order_landscape", "disable")  --disable the landscape mode veggie_order graphic
	end
end

I hope I didn’t leave out a key step, but I’m hoping this helps someone apply the camera more easily and a lot quicker in the future.

4 Likes