The Mysterious Gear Chest (point-n-click game for #advjam2022)

Hi everybody,
as usual, I’m here to showcase my advjam entry - made with Defold: a more or less two-hours long point-n-click pixel-art adventure game I’ve done in 14 days - featuring three different playable characters and a mysterious story about an unexpected archeological discovery, ancient gods and books.

Official game page: The Mysterious Gear Chest by Marco Giorgini

This time I’ve decided to release code & resources (with different licenses) in case someone wants not only play the game but also to give a look at how it works.

I’ve already talked about it in the past and I’m more than aware that, being part of the project generated by other tools (that for instance create atlas and game objects from ase files) it may be not SO useful.
I still hope that (if you’re into this kind of game) you can find something (about the script engine or the way I handle characters, objects, and rooms) that’s worth your time.

Git repo here: https://github.com/MGProduction/The-Mysterious-Gear-Chest

16 Likes

@marco.giorgini: Marco, wonderful! I am a big fan of point & clicks, and if they involve archeology, ancient gods and books - the better :grinning: Right now, I am confronted with the grumpy museum’s guard but he is not match for me.
I think it is super of you to let us have a look at the code, thank you very much.

3 Likes