The Game Without a Name: A Developer's Diary

Background
A little over a year ago once I had released my first Defold game, I set out on a much more ambitious journey. I decided to go big. It has been my biggest goal to now make a mobile game. I have been working for a a little under a year, mostly planning and learning as much as I can about Defold and Lua. Now that I am confined to my home, I have made leaps and bounds of progress. I have made a LLC as well as an Instagram, Website (of which is very very basic at the moment), and Discord server. As of right now I am most active on the Discord server, so if you do have discord please feel free to join, and spread the word to people you know who may be interested. A lot of announcements and info on the game will be posted there.

I decided to create a dev diary to document my progress. I think that it can be a great way to engage with the community as well as something I can continuously update and look back on in the future.

Storyline
This upcoming game is very storyline rich. This is one of the reasons that it does not have a name at the moment. I feel like the name of the game should be something that is built around the game and not the other way around. Here is an outline of the story so far, without any spoilers…

The game is set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy forest. The world has been stripped of its core values. Love. Peace. Care. Joy. These values are locked away, stored as relics, protected by darkness. As one of the last remaining individuals with magic, it is your job to return these values to the world. You will traverse complex levels and battle the darkness all while learning more about the intricate storyline, and about yourself.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this, I will continue to post here as well as the Discord server with more game updates, milestone accomplishments, and general information.

V

9 Likes

Looking forward to this! Wish you all the luck and in case of any problems, don’t hesitate to ask on forum :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you! I might find myself on the forum often haha

3 Likes