The game dont launch in windows 10 32 bits (SOLVED)

I send my project to my teacher, and when he tried to launch the game, he gets error
" This app can’t run on your PC" . He uses windows 10 32 bits.

Can he launch in some way?

Hi!

When you bundled your game, did you select 32-bit in the Architecture field? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I dont know.

I send to other person with windows 10 64 bits, and has the same error… OMG… whats wrong?? need to send my project next week :confounded::confounded:

Which OS are you using yourself? Can you share the bundled application that you sent so that we can take a look? Did you include all of the files in the bundle and not only the .exe?

Windows 7. Can I send you to your mail.
Yeah, i bundle , and make a zip with all the folder

Sure, send to bjorn.ritzl@king.com

thanks I sent you

@sven gave this a try on Windows 10 64 bit and it works as expected. We’re unable to try on 32-bit though.

If your teacher is unable to open the file I’d recommend that you bundle an HTML5 version and upload somewhere.

1 Like

Is there any more information than “This app can’t run on your PC” on the computers were it didn’t run? Could they try running it as administrator?

My wild guess it is something related to some security setting.

1 Like

yeah I think must be smartScreen… windows 10…

Im going home now, and trying in my windows 10 laptop 64 bits.

I tell you more later thanks

1 Like

Need to try that

1 Like

In my laptop works, so no problem.

1 Like

In other computers with win 10 64 bits, “this app cant run on your pc message”
In computer with window 10 32 bits, with a 32 bits release, no message , but app close instantly

Need to specify the requeriments of the hardware for the project presentation, what requeriments need defold for running the games? maybe that computers have something wrong

There aren’t that many requirements to be honest. Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 with 32 and/or 64 bit CPU (x86). You need to make sure that the graphics card supports OpenGL (update drivers!). Memory limitations are completely dependent upon your game, but in this case the app doesn’t even start which is weird.

ok thanks. I dont know what could be the problem.

It is probably a permission thing as Sven mentioned. Have you tried running the game as an administrator? From which location are you trying to run the game?

32 bit version work in their computers, In my computers no problems.
Close the thread if you want, the problem is not caused by defold engine. thanks