Hi all! I know a lot of you are probably are quite nervous right now, but I just wanted to share the news that another great industry insider will be rating the games—Glen Fox, editor at PocketGamer.
Editor at Pocket Gamer, providing reviews, previews, news, features, opinion pieces, and hands-on videos for Pocket Gamer and AppSpy—and Bath-based writer who has an unhealthy obsession with video games.
Who are you?
– I'm Glen, Editor of Pocket Gamer - the world's leading mobile and handheld consumer site.
What will you look for in the submissions?
– I'll be looking for innovation mostly - fresh new experiences, or interesting spins on popular genres. Having said that, a game can completely win me over if it's so fun that I can't help but play it.
What made you get into the gaming industry?
– An obsessive passion for games that I've fostered since picking up a PS1 controller for the first time. I eventually discovered Nintendo thanks to the advert for Super Mario Sunshine, and picked up a copy of NGC. It was then I realised that I wanted to be a games journalist, so stopped at nothing until I made it so. The rest, as they say, is history.
What’s your guilty pleasure game?
– I've got two - FIFA and Call of Duty. Sure, the changes made between each release are barely recognisable, but the franchises never fail to be fun. You could argue that I'm just addicted at this point though.
Do you have any words of advice to people who are thinking about joining the competition?
– This is kind of a recap of what I said earlier, but either innovate with a fresh idea or take, or polish your game up to a fine sheen. Gamers are accepting of games that riff on ideas they've seen if it's fun to play and well-polished.
And finally; as soon as we have the results, we will start contacting all the participants. Stay tuned, and all of you—give yourselves a great pat on the back for having created something great.