TapTap World - A Persistent Online Multiplayer Game

What is TapTap World?

Tap’Tap World is a persistent online multiplayer game played on a giant grid and is currently under development as a part of a school project. There are three factions with different colors. The goal of the game is for your faction to color all tiles in your color.

Power System
Players have a resource called power. Power is expended when conquering other tiles and will regenerate over time.
Players also have a meter displaying the maximum amount of power that can be acquired. Right now a standard tile has a 5 power strength.

Conquering Tiles
Tapping a tile owned by another faction (a tile of another color) will damage the tile, resulting in weakening it until conquering it. Players may also press and hold a tile to use more power.

Fortifying Tiles
Tapping on an already owned tile a set amount of times will result in that tile becoming reinforced, making it harder to conquer by the other factions. Players may press and hold a tile to use more power in this case as well.

Here is an early prototype:
Download For Windows
Download For Mac

Concept UI

Please let us know what you think!

9 Likes

Cool concept! I don’t have a Windows machine available so I can’t give it a try. What kind of backend solution are you using?

Thanks Björn!
We’re using a really simple TCP server written in C# at the moment.

Interesting idea! Just like britzl, I don’t have a windows machine to test on. Only mac :slight_smile:

Ohhhhh nooooooo… The description and the Concept UI screens are making me super excited to play! But I only have access to a mac computer atm :disappointed:

Let me know ASAP when you have a mac version!

It is nice to see that you are interested in the concept. There is now a version available for Mac and we aim to have a html5 version ready sometime next week.

2 Likes

I tried the Mac version but I was all alone and could only click to convert tiles into my own (red) color. It was hard to judge the game based on this experience, but at least everything seemed to work :slight_smile:

Same for me - I need friends… who wants to play? :slight_smile:

I can play the game with you.
We are going to make sure to arrange a real play test on Friday since it can be a bit difficult to try it out when there is only one player.

Or bots/AI opponents? Has that been considered?

Great work getting a playable version up so quickly! I excited about the play test on Friday!

There’s a slight delay when I tap a tile because of the server round-trip. To improve player feedback consider playing the tap animation as soon as the the user taps the tile, but wait with applying damage to it until the server responds.

1 Like

If looking for a co-player or opponent then count me in!!