State of Extensions for mobile?

Hi all…

First time posting :slight_smile:
I’m really interested in using Defold for my games but before I start I’d like to know if it is possible/how easy it is to create extensions for external libraries on iOS + Android.

I really need to able to implement Ads and other 3rd party libraries. I read that you have an extensions system but I couldn’t figure how complete it is or if it is available for all platforms.

Rui

Have you read the manual page on Native Extensions? The image almost at the top shows that we have support for all target platforms:

We also have an Asset Portal with plenty of useful extensions. There’s already support for UnityAds and AdMob. There’s also an extension for FGL Enchance so that you can integrate with many other ad providers.

no I had not :slight_smile:
It seems to be still in production (it says that extensions will only export to debug mode). But I’ll keep an eye on it.

thanks

This will be fixed, but it’s already possible to create a release build containing native extensions by using an app manifest that excludes libs and symbols. This is yet to be properly documented (ping @sicher and @JCash!) but you can either use the app manifests from the linked post or generate one.

3 Likes