Sound file validation failed (Defold 1.3.3-Alpha)

Since I discovered this on 1.3.3 Alpha, wasn’t sure if it should be reported or mentioned on forum. But in case this helps any…

Describe the bug (REQUIRED)
Getting sound file validation failed when bundling HTML5 (error: Sound file validation failed. Make sure your ‘ogg’ files are correct using ‘oggz-validate’… : unable to open file …)

To Reproduce (REQUIRED)

1. Downloaded Kenny Game Assets to test with ogg that are not my own set (Kenney Free Game Assets)
  2. Opened an empty project, created a simple script to play sound
  3. Build normally (no issues)
  4. Build HTML5 (ogg error appears)

Expected behaviour (REQUIRED)
Building HTML5 should have no issues, as there were no issues with a regular Build

Defold version (REQUIRED):

• Version 1.3.3 Alpha

Platforms (REQUIRED):

• Platforms: macOS, HTML5
  • Device: Macbook Pro

Could you please post full error message text and upload a repo project? Thank you.

2 Likes

That’s the error message, only seems to happen for Build HTML5 and bundle HTML. Does not happen for normal Build, and sound plays ok. Attaching the test project too.

Ogg Test.zip (3.9 MB)

1 Like

Correct, it’s a new feature we’ve added to the bundle step (which the build for HTML5 uses). We will later on add this validation step in the editor as well.

We added the step since we noticed in another project that some ogg files didn’t work properly with our runtime. In that case, the ogg files were saved with a newer version of the ogg format, which we don’t yet support.

Everything as Mathias said (validation for now only in bob.jar but we will add this in the editor as well)

But this error message looks strange. It’s not a validation error, but file opening error, I’ll take a look why it’s happening and come back to you in a while.

1 Like

The issue solved.
New alpha build will be available in 1h or so.
Thank you for the report.

6 Likes

Nice! Can’t wait to test it out. :slight_smile:

New alpha build is available already

5 Likes

Great news! It’s working well on my projects. The update to 1.3.3 for key bindings in HTML5 is doing well, and I’ll announce it in my project’s thread too.

3 Likes

I got this message in the latest version 1.3.3 when build for iOS

That means something is wrong with your ogg file. It maybe a reason of potential crashes.
I would recommend you to re-encode this file.

3 Likes

helped me to convert soundforge ogg files to “clean” ogg :slight_smile:
Thank you for support! :wink:

1 Like