Somewhere to see other users Defold modules?

Hi guys
I think most of You use your own modules on your projects, but unfortunately I didn’t find any topic or link with usefull defold modules that can be use by others. I mean something like this topic of Pkeod that has classification and easy to find.
thanks a lot

1 Like

It’s kind of dispersed, for example, you can check this thread also: Big List of Defold Pro Tips! and generally The Defoldmine category on forum
and of course: https://defold.com/assets/

It depends on what you’re looking for, many generic things you will be able to find in the internet (many times you don’t need to search for Defold specific solution only, there is a lot of Lua libraries/modules) if not, just tell us on the forum what you need :wink:

1 Like

Thanks pawel
of course we can find lot of algorithms and how to do stuff on internet, but lot of peoples like to have ready to use and safe methods that are easy to find and use. imagine you want to place different numbers of objects on line or circle or curve, of course you can search for algorithms or maths, than you should write a code in lua for that algorithm, than you should test it on defold to see if it works well. but what if you know there is a defold module about it which you can find it by typing the word “place” in some search input field which shows you list of placing methods of modules like placeInLine, placeInCircle and placeInCurve methods all in one module which you can use them safe and fast?! lot of developers prefer the second one however they can do it themselves. one reasone I like phaser and gamemaker is that they have some easy to use 2D functions that i know how they work but i prefer to use them instead of writing it myself. LUA modules in defold are easy to use and can make developing process much faster and easier, they will have big advantage for Defold. I think it’s important to write and collect usefull modules and make them easy to access.

1 Like

Yes, I agree, so that’s why I posted as much links as I can :wink: really, among Defold Assets you can find a lot of useful modules, it’s not so hard, take a look there :wink:

Maybe DefArmy is something you’re looking for?

What are those? :

Defold is young in comparision to GameMaker and even Phaser :wink: So the first thing I do is to try to search “defold something” in google and check if it’s already available on Defold forum or Defold Assets, if not, I ask about it on Forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

awww sorry pawel I thought ASSETS part of the site is just for modules that peoples write in c++ and those others are from defold team itself but it was my mistake, I see DefArmy is in lua itself and i think Author is not in defold team too :smile: so it’s good place if all users can share their LUA modules there :+1::grinning:

take a look at this examples page, you can see some of them on Actions folder, Geom folder, Math folder and so on… but as phaser is open source too, it’s good idea to download phaser 3 zip version ,on “src” folder you can see all js files of it’s classes and methods, yesterday i have convert a few of them from JS to LUA and i have tested them in defold, that was cool for me to make some functionality from other engine in defold. maybe it’s good idea for someone has some spare time to do the same.

1 Like

Yes, there are both Lua modules and Native Extensions :wink: and also other types of assets - graphics, game templates, shaders etc :wink:

Check out also:

https://britzl.github.io/publicexamples/

and Github search for Defold:

2 Likes