[SOLVED] Defold 2 Freezes

So, i was trying out the Defold 2 and, every time i open anything in the project and try to select its components, it freezes. I’m using Ubuntu 64-bit.

Also, i don’t know if its relevant, but the projects I opened were created in the previous version.

Thanks for the feedback!

It should be fully backwards compatible, but the alpha still has some bugs. Please report your issue at GitHub if you haven’t done so already!

1 Like

should i post the log file there too?

Sure, aAny additional info is usually helpful when hunting bugs.

Although make sure you don’t post anything secret since the issues list is open for all to see.

If you go to the menu insider editor 2 and select Help -> Report Issue you’ll get straight to GitHub with some additional debugging data submitted.

1 Like

I tried it, but it froze too. Actually, I was testing it and sometimes, when the engine froze, my whole computer froze with it… I think the problem is something with the JRE. Looking at the log file it says that it was a fatal error of some kind. I can’t figure how to solve that though…

Oh, and I’ve already posted the issue on github.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks. Let’s see what @Erik_Angelin, @Ragnar_Dahlen and @Ragnar_Svensson will make of your bug report.

1 Like