Small bounties for editor script features

I want to finish my editor scripts!

I am starting a couple of small bounties. Each bounty is available for the first person who submits a PR that implements one of the feature requests as described below. It will need to be accepted and merged for the donation to be collected. I will donate through Paypal.

editor.get(id, "parent")

I want to get the id of parent nodes within an editor script. With this I will be able to get more accurate positions.

Issue: editor.get(id, "parent") · Issue #5370 · defold/defold · GitHub

Donation: $50

Directories should be resources.

I want to be able to right click on a directory/folder to create resources within them.

Imagine right clicking on a folder and having the options to “Create monarch scene”, where it creates all 3 needed resources for you, as opposed to now when you need one of them created.

Issue: Directories should be resources in editor scripts · Issue #5372 · defold/defold · GitHub

Donation: $50

Access to all outline properties.

There are a lot of properties you are not able to get. I would love to be able to get them all.

Donation: I only really have need of pivot so if it’s too much work to implement them all you can implement only that one for a smaller donation.

• Only the pivot $12
  • $2 per other implemented property there are afaik 20 in total (max: $38 (even if there are more than 20))

Issue: Access to all Outline properties in Editor Script · Issue #5371 · defold/defold · GitHub

8 Likes

This is much needed guys :pleading_face:

It is natural, even for simplest scripts I want to create to add a command when right clicking on directory, e.g. create components in given directory, do anything in given directory.

Either make it a resource as proposed, so that it works for directories:

query = {
            selection = {type = "resource", cardinality = "one"}
        },

Or add another type for directories (imho it would be better):

query = {
        selection = {type = "directory", cardinality = "one"}
    },
5 Likes