Simultaneous tapping Virtual gamepad example (SOLVED)

Hello

I tried using britzl’s virtual gamepad example, but I ran into a problem. When I tap simultaneously two points on the screen, the stick stops coming back.

(I do not tap on the screen)
Bug steps:

1. Tap simultaneously in different places.
  2. Release the second point
  3. Release the stick

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english if something is wrong wrote

Hmm, I thought I had updated it to support multi touch. Can you share a link to the example?

Please confirm that something like this works on your device with multitouch https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.the511plus.MultiTouchTester&hl=en_US

I downloaded here

I watched this source (it uses the same virtual gamepad example)

and in the source of the same bug

I have no problems with multitouch

Multitouch works on Android/iOS build, but does not work in html5. Where are you testing?

I believe @AGulev looked into this. Alexey, did you do any work on multitouch for HTML5?

maybe I do not explain correctly

multitouch works, but if i tap two points on the screen at the same time then there is a bug
https://forum.defold.com/uploads/default/original/3X/0/f/0fe36b953ddd1b66c62e5c8ed8bf386d89c67f20.mp4 https://forum.defold.com/uploads/default/original/3X/3/6/36590ba8508f84247b1a0b68c31284033b9a5fb7.mp4 look at the touch points

I tried to check if the stick was released and when I saw the bug, then only one touch point was released (one message is released)
This only happens when the tap was at the same time. But I want to use it in my project.

Not really. I have it in my backlog for exploration day (not sure that it is possible to finish in exploration day. @sven knows input system better and could estimate this issue more accurate, I think).

As I understand, you are testing it in native (not html5) bundle?

I use apk on my android device

1 Like

I found a problem in my example. I’ve pushed an update. @shadowmaikda, please try it again.

3 Likes

I also “productified” the on-screen controls into a reusable module:

With example:

3 Likes

Solved in 1.2.164

hello everyone,

i am still running into the same problem, multiple taps make the analog or buttons hang or “get stuck” … am using defold 1.2.166 (got version from “help” menu -> about), onscreen.lua module from the current defold-input master, and the example scripts.

also, sometimes the buttons or analog stick react for about 2 to 3 seconds and then trigger a released although i am still holding the button and or stick … happens on laptop, tablet and phone.

are there any posts or updates i missed ?

Hmm, how many fingers are touching on screen at the same time?

Haven’t heard of this before. Can you try to narrow down some solid steps to reproduce this issue?

2 fingers … its 1 analog and 2 buttons, simple shooter, analog to turn ship and a button each for thrust and shooting

this happens randomly when app starts up on phone … i start the app, hit and hold the fire button but the shots for example stop after a few seconds … then when i release the button and press it again,ship shoots for a few seconds and stops again. same with the analog button. i close the app on the phone, restart it and all works exept the hanging thingy

thanks for the fast reply and the effort to help

So I can get this to happen using the example project on a phone?

Does it happen on a laptop as well? Windows, macOS or Linux?

yes. i downloaded defold-input from here, https://github.com/britzl/defold-input , opened it in the editor,bundled it for android and on both, tablet (android version 4.4.2 i know!) and on phone (android version 8.1.0) it can be reproduced by: open app, tap onscreen button, tap and don’t release the fire button, now move analog up, keep up and release fire button … now release analog and it is stuck.

no touch on laptop, i can’t reproduce the stuck issue, and so far the buttons or the stick don’t do that thing where they release after a few seconds although they are pressed …
laptop is running linux

Thank you for the bug report. I found the problem and have released a new version:

1 Like