Simple ModelViewer Project

Hello everyone!

Internally I hacked together a super simple model viewer project that I have been using to visually verify and debug collada models (including animations). This is something I realise people might benefit from, even though it might not be very clean.

It does some runtime parsing of the .model and .animationset files to display bone names and list animations.

I have now packaged and created a repo on GitHub for it: https://github.com/andsve/defmodelviewer

I added two collada files with different bone animations as an example. To try your own models/animations just add your collada files into the project and modify the primary.model and primary.animationset files.

Again, super simple/dumb and probably has a bunch of bugs, but I suspect this might be of use for someone!

13 Likes

Really great! Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Hello,

I know it’s quite old now, and the project is frozen for two years, but i tried to launch it in the latest defold2 iteration.

I got a warning, and then an assert (unrelated i think) when i run :

WARNING:RENDER: render.draw_debug2d is deprecated and will be removed in future versions, please use render.draw_debug3d instead.
ERROR:GRAPHICS: gl error 1282: invalid operation

dmengine: ../src/opengl/graphics_opengl.cpp:1469: void dmGraphics::SetConstantV4(dmGraphics::HContext, const Vectormath::Aos::Vector4*, int): Assertion `0' failed.
INFO:CRASH: Successfully wrote Crashdump to file: ~/.Defold/_crash

It was just in case, i understand you don’t want to dig this further :wink:

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Hi!
I personally would like to see the _crash file, to see if I can get some info about the callstack from it. Would you mind sharing it here?

1 Like

Yes i had forgotten the _crash file, here it is !

_crash.script (50.0 KB)

(renamed to _crash.script for bypassing the upload check system)

2 Likes